This thread is privately moderated by tiggertoo1962, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 21, 2013, 08:41 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

MJX F45 tail bob, spring and washer mod

Here's a pic and a short vid showing how to get rid of the tail bobbing on your F45, with a quick hover test at the end.

Many thanks go to René Hornych of the Czech Republic who was, as far as I can gather, the person who thought of the mod, and to RCGroup member tykes06 who sent me the link to René's video.

Being resident in Germany and today being a Sunday, I couldn't go and buy a spring to do this. Fortunately my genius of a wife had some wire in her crafting corner and suggested I just make my own spring . The pic below shows everything you need for the mod.

Don't you just love it when The Wife not only approves of your hobby (makes it easier to get funds for more helis ), but actually actively gets INVOLVED in it .

Happy flying guys, and "goodbye tail-bobbing".

Fin

MJX F45 tail bob, spring and washer mod (0 min 33 sec)

MJX F45 tail bob, spring and washer mod - hover test (0 min 47 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2013, 04:18 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Thread OP
Quick update for anyone who doesn't follow the F45 thread on a regular basis and may have missed it.

After a couple of flights there wasn't enough tension in the spring any more and the tail bobbing returned. Taking the advice of tracker1955 (thanks mate ) to try some "music wire", I salvaged the unwound end of a guitar string after restringing the instrument. Making the spring is a bit more difficult than just using a normal coil of wire, but is well worth the effort as it holds the tension.

Even if you don't play yourself, EVERYBODY know somebody who plays guitar, so just ask your buddy for the snipped off end of his low E next time he puts new strings on.
Jun 08, 2013, 10:42 PM
Is what I'm doing helping?
I fixed my F-45 tail bob with hobby grade links from an Esky CP3.

They need to be slightly enlarged. I used a carbide ball end rougher for that.

Details in my blog.
Last edited by Steve_; Jun 08, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
Jun 09, 2013, 07:56 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
I fixed my F-45 tail bob with hobby grade links from an Esky CP3.

They need to be slightly enlarged. I used a carbide ball end rougher for that.

Details in my blog.
Thanks for that Steve . I had seen your mod a few weeks ago and really like it, but since I just got a V912 and a V922 I've been too busy flying them to do any mods which take more than a half hour or so.

When we get back to crappy weather time I reckon I'd like to give it a go, so it's real handy that you posted here so I don't have to go searching when I get to that stage

Greetz
Fin

Edit:
to anyone else who happens to read this here, I'd really recommend having a look at Steve's blog if you have more time than me to work on your heli
Jan 07, 2014, 02:57 AM
then upgrade ,seem f45 reponse very fast. I think if upgrade swashplate 3 servo as 450, f45 will complete

Quick Reply