This thread is privately moderated by Samu Mantyniemi, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 19, 2013, 08:30 AM
Thread OP
Question

Removable power pod for Sig Riser?

Looking at the Sig Power Pod for a small engine, I started to think about a brushless version to be used when a hi-start is not available.

A plastic tube would contain the motor, ESC and the battery. Folding prop, maybe from EasyStar II, would be used as the pusher. The whole thing should then be located on top of the CG so that the CG would not move. Receiver would take power from its own battery as in pure glider mode, just the throttle signal would be fed to the ESC.

There must be many DIY experiments for this already, but for some reason my search was not very fruitful. Any links and thoughts would be highly respected!
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply