The Delta Receiver - Hitec, Futaba and FrSky compatible! - RC Groups
Apr 17, 2013, 03:20 PM
New Product

The Delta Receiver - Hitec, Futaba and FrSky compatible!

This thread is to introduce you to an innovative new 2.4 GHz receiver that can bind to FrSky D8/V8, Futaba S-FHSS/FHSS and Hitec A-FHSS protocols. I believe this is a first for the hobby marketplace.

The Delta receiver will automatically figure out what protocol to use during the binding process. But if that isn't enough you can manually assign the protocol during the bind process too.

While this multi-protocol is cool and all, that simply was not enough, so the Delta also offers RSSI and CPPM outputs! So not only is there a more affordable compatible receiver for the Hitec and Futaba systems, but they also have additional features.

RSSI output is for our FPV users. It allows you to see the receivers signal strength via your video equipment. This allows you to safely use your full range.

CPPM output is another powerful feature that makes the Delta very handy. CPPM combines all 8 channel into a single servo connection. This can be connected to flight controllers to reduce wire mess, a single wire feeding all 8 channels rather than 8 wires! Or use it as a wireless trainer cable or wireless sim cable. No more wires connecting your transmitter to the student's radio, or to your computer for your favorite flight simulator. Very cool!

The Delta 8 is a full range 8 channel receiver that supports transmitters that use the following protocols:
  • Hitec A-FHSS
  • Futaba S-FHSS
  • Futaba FHSS
  • and FrSky V8 & D8 (does not support telemetry data)

True diversity with the dual antennas. Antennas like most all FrSky receivers are replaceable, and available in different lengths. This allows the receiver to work in most environments, even high carbon fuselages. (available in 150, 250, 400 and 600mm lengths)

More details here:
http://www.alofthobbies.com/delta-8.html

A 4 channel version should be available soon.

-Wayne
Last edited by Rotozuk; Apr 19, 2013 at 06:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2013, 03:21 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
I'm pretty stoked and excited about this new receiver and it's possibilities. It is possibly one of the most complex receivers out there and has taken an awful lot of work to do. I also believe the first ever 2.4GHz receiver that works with multiple mainstream brand transmitters and a very innovative product.

The beauty of it, is that you can buy a receiver to work with your existing transmitter but you are no longer locked into one single brand. So if you wish to upgrade or change over from one manufacturer to another, you don't have to go out and replace every receiver and it will also give you a chance to test and try out another transmitter without buying a whole boot load of receivers. Hence all those existing Hitec 2.4Ghz and Futaba S-FHSS users out there that want to have the new FrSky Taranis transmitter, but don't want to start buying receivers that aren't compatible with your existing equipment, you now have a great option. Not only that, these receivers are priced at a very competitive price - often around half the cost compared to the original manufacturers receivers.

Over time, I would love for manufacturers, to start integrating them into their aircraft kits to create a competitive environment in the Bind and Fly market.

Si.
Last edited by SimonChambers; Apr 17, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
Apr 17, 2013, 03:21 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
As a few readers of this forum will know, I have some connection with these and so can help and assist.

Feel free to ask any questions or queries you may have.
Last edited by SimonChambers; Apr 17, 2013 at 03:28 PM.
Apr 17, 2013, 04:11 PM
Any chance of it being modified in the future to include the Sanwa/Airtronics flavor of FHSS, preferably FHSS-3?
Apr 17, 2013, 04:16 PM
Yep, and as a retailer I like being able to stock one receiver that does so many different things.

The bigger brands like to sell variations of their receivers. It is not uncommon to see a normal 8 channel receiver, then another 8 channel that has something like the RSSI port, and yet another that has the RSSI and CPPM. So in a way you can say the delta actually takes the place of 6 or more different receivers.

Great job on the firmware Simon!

-Wayne
Apr 17, 2013, 04:24 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
Any chance of it being modified in the future to include the Sanwa/Airtronics flavor of FHSS, preferably FHSS-3?
It all depends on the RF chip that Sanwa uses. Hitec/Futaba SFHSS/FrSky all use the same chip (CC2500) which makes it possible to do this. Do you (or anyone else) know what Sanwa uses?

If you haven't a clue which chip that they use, if you take a high-res image of both sides of one of your receiver circuit boards it should be possible to work it out.

Cheers,
Si.
Apr 17, 2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonChambers
It all depends on the RF chip that Sanwa uses. Hitec/Futaba SFHSS/FrSky all use the same chip (CC2500) which makes it possible to do this. Do you (or anyone else) know what Sanwa uses?

If you haven't a clue which chip that they use, if you take a high-res image of both sides of one of your receiver circuit boards it should be possible to work it out.

Cheers,
Si.
Hello,
Is this receiver's firmware upgradeable?
Thanks,
Arnaldo
Apr 17, 2013, 04:52 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahdibird
Hello,
Is this receiver's firmware upgradeable?
Thanks,
Arnaldo
No, its not user upgradable.

Si.
Apr 17, 2013, 05:10 PM
Any plans for one that does telemetry?

How about DSM2 or DSMx?
Apr 17, 2013, 06:08 PM
Radio? Screwdriver!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterCrazy
Any plans for one that does telemetry?
I want to do a Hitec compatible with telemetry at some point soon. Futaba S-FHSS doesn't have the facility for telemetry however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopterCrazy
How about DSM2 or DSMx?
DSM2/DSMX can't be integrated into this receiver as they use a different RF chip to FrSky/Futaba/Hitec which isn't compatible at all unfortunately.

In theory it could be possible to produce a receiver that supported Spektrum/Multiplex/Devo though.

Si.
Apr 17, 2013, 11:32 PM
I've attached three views of both sides of the 10 channel FHSS-3 receiver that Sanwa/Airtronics uses with the SD-10g tx. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Quote:

Cheers,
Si.
Last edited by georgeg; Apr 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Add another photo
Apr 18, 2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:

In theory it could be possible to produce a receiver that supported Spektrum/Multiplex/Devo though.

Si.
Yes please
Apr 18, 2013, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeg
I've attached three views of both sides of the 10 channel FHSS-3 receiver that Sanwa/Airtronics uses with the SD-10g tx. Anyway, I hope this helps.
CYRF6936, the Cypress chip, so not possible to be compatible with Delta 8, sorry.
Apr 18, 2013, 02:55 AM
When will it be available and what's the price,i use Hitec Aurora 9 where the Rx's are pricey i find it hard to leave the telemetry behind even if it's just the SPC for flight pack voltage which is important,however these new products are welcome as they open up new doors.
Apr 18, 2013, 03:03 AM
I think it's great that there' finally a S-FHSS compatible reciever out there. The 8J is a great not too expensive radio but till now you were locked into Futaba receivers with it and a FASST radio actually would end up costing you less overall.