Apr 13, 2013, 05:58 PM
New Product

Brushless gimbal for GoPro, MILC and bigger- from-above

In a few topics on this forum I bring up a subject of gimbal our production. I wanted to post all the information about it in one place, so I opened this topic.

We designed two gimbals. One for gopro 1,2,3, one for MILC like Sony Nex, Panasonic GH2, BlackMagic Pocket Cinema Camera and other cameras of similar size.

Here is gimbal for gopro:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11841...99434482120417

brushless gimbal test (4 min 41 sec)

Here is gimbal for MILC:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11841...99722751246705

In the picture of gimbal for Nex is not completed one element - the camera shelf. Within a week - two will be the final version.

With this gimbal is also integrated controller our production.
We use motors of a reputable company MaxonMotor www.maxonmotor.com, in our opinion it's one of the best companies producing motors on earth. Engines are 100% reproducible and very well made.

All our constructions are made ​​with big attention to detail and precision.

Gimbals are made of aluminum PA9. We chose this aluminum alloy because of its parameters. Aluminum PA9 is very constructional alloy, it's very hard and light, very well absorbs vibrations. Thanks to it it's perfect for this type of solutions.
The elements are made ​​of anodized aluminum. Anodizing hardened outer shell of aluminum and increases resistance to scratches.

Although our gimbals are made of aluminum, they are very light. Total weight of the gimbal for gopro is 230 g, for the Nex is 510 g.

I tested our gimbal with a load of 5 kg. Construction is very well behaved, there was no abnormal deformation.

The first test of gimbal took place in front of the mirror :-). I think the results was very positive. Gimbal worked very well. Within a few minutes we balance the gimbal.

brushless gimbal first test nex-5N (0 min 46 sec)

There are some features that distinguish our gimbal from others commercially available:

1. We sell a complete solution ready to film.

2. As you will notice our designs are quite unusual. They are single-arm, so that construction is more slim, compact and more aesthetic.

3. In the construction we used a precise, large-diameter bearing, and a motor shafts with a diameter of 12 mm. With this shaft diameter, there are no deflection of the shaft.

4. And the most important thing - construction of our gimbal allows to remove the battery or memory card from the camera without disassemble the camera. It saves a lot of time, because each disassembly of camera requires the re-balance. No other gimbal available on the market has such convenience. If we're wrong make us aware :-)

We are very flexible when it comes to the production of gimbals, we can customize it for individual customer needs.

Below is a photo of gimbal made ​​on special order.

Officially our gimbals will be on sale from 1 May. Information about prices is available on email: sale@from-above.pl
Pre-orders can be placed also by mail sale@from-above.pl. Lead time is about 2 weeks.

At this point, we design gimbal suitable for cameras Sony FS700, Red ...

Tomorrow I will put the relation of the flight with a gimbal for gopro, and soon we will test a new motors the strength 550 mNm. They will be intended for bigger gimbal for large cameras.

So stay tuned!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2013, 05:04 AM
kitesurfer
look foreward to more info.. ive emailed you

ali
Apr 14, 2013, 12:12 PM
some videos :-)
brushless gimal with Sony Nex5 view gopro (6 min 23 sec)

brushless gimal with Sony Nex5 (6 min 18 sec)
Apr 14, 2013, 01:04 PM
Very nice looking gimbals.

Which controller are you using, alexmos, open source, or your own? Any ballpark ides on pricing?
Apr 14, 2013, 02:44 PM
first test 3-axis

brushles gimbal 3 axis very first test 4 (0 min 52 sec)
Apr 14, 2013, 05:17 PM
very nice,
Apr 14, 2013, 08:44 PM
Begin with end in mind...
Something tells me this one is going to be expensive....

I only say this because of the workmanship, materials, and motor choices. Very nice stuff.

Mike
Apr 14, 2013, 09:25 PM
It might be cheaper than DJI's version.
Apr 14, 2013, 11:45 PM
Looks great, what model No is the motors you are using, did they cope when you did the 5kg test?
Apr 15, 2013, 02:51 AM
I really like this design a lot. I haven't seen any pictures of the IMU...

i checked their homepage http://from-above.pl/sklep/index.php...product_id=108

looks like 1 474,77 Zloty = 468,358931 US-Dollar (including tax)
Apr 15, 2013, 03:09 AM
total newbie
Very nice looking gimbals! Maxon motors, like Zenmuse - impressive!!!
One question, does the Gopro Hero 3 gimbal have space for a USB plug for video out?
Also, please give us more details about the controller, and some approximate price.

Good job!!!

edit: this photo from their website shows prob. enough space for USB plug
Apr 15, 2013, 03:42 AM
Very nice. Any plan for price yet?
Apr 15, 2013, 04:39 AM
I like.
Apr 15, 2013, 05:06 AM
the price is on their homepage as i posted above....
Apr 15, 2013, 05:30 AM
kitesurfer
and NEX gimbal $700