Aug 20, 2013, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcmpromotion
next HERO2 works ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdkBbILIRDQ

coming soon next piece evadlis board for testing ...
We've moved everything to here... please feel free to post this there...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1978860

Alan
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2013, 11:24 AM
im interested in buying one of these gimbals, but there seem to be some extra components that are needed and quite complicated to assemble.

I found this one on the net:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/PRE-O...903692102.html

What extra parts do i need to buy for it to be ready to use? also, should my local RC store be able to help me assemble everything?

regards
Aug 23, 2013, 07:10 AM
RTF copters maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgskt
hello, is there a step by step guide how to install and configure EvvGC 3 axis? and what parts should I buy to run ... can someone help??
Same for me now that my "Bruhsless Star" is modified

Any step by step tutorial ?
I have ordered the CP2102 UART to USB...
Is it possible to make something without this ?
Cheers
Maximus
Aug 23, 2013, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadamson
We've moved everything to here... please feel free to post this there...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1978860

Alan
Please move the questions, request, etc to the thread linked above. We dont use this thread any more.
Aug 23, 2013, 08:26 AM
RTF copters maker
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadamson
Please move the questions, request, etc to the thread linked above. We dont use this thread any more.
Thank you Alan !
Maybe you should ask Evaldis to close this thread ?
Maximus
Aug 25, 2013, 08:20 AM
Thread OP
Hi all.
I had insanely busy summer... That is why I had no time to be here. Autumn will be less busy. I know it is my fault, therefore no hard feeling from my side, you can migrate to other thread if you want.
Not sure 100% about future of this thread, one of the solutions is to close it.
Another to leave thread for my research purposes(new features, experiments, etc).
Aug 25, 2013, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvaldis
Hi all.
I had insanely busy summer... That is why I had no time to be here. Autumn will be less busy. I know it is my fault, therefore no hard feeling from my side, you can migrate to other thread if you want.
Not sure 100% about future of this thread, one of the solutions is to close it.
Another to leave thread for my research purposes(new features, experiments, etc).
Here's my issue, we've significantly fixed some of the timing and other issues in the current code base (all in an experimental branch on the github repo, all buildable with the full compiler and a makefile). We've added the usb VCP to this branch and am working on the usb bootloader.

If we keep this thread open for experimental efforts, and they are all based on the old code, it will be impossible to merge them into the new code.

Personally, I think you need to close this thread, and move over to the updated code, build environment, etc. I really don't want to have to compare your changes on the old code to the new and then try to determine what to add into the new current code...

In parallel with all the fixes to the original code (dead band was really a problem btw), we are working on a new complete restructure, when that is ready it will also be off the github repo. Hope to include a complete attitude estimator engine based upon

So it's really your choice.... move to the updated code so we can easily track your change, get up to date on git so you can do pull requests against the main repo, or not...

Sorry for your time challenges, as you might imagine the population of users got tired of old stale information and so I moved the valuable parts over to a thread that I could better update and maintain...

Let us know which way you are going to go with this approach however. I'll help in anyway to get you moved over to the new build environment. Now you don't need to install and deal with eclipse, you can do it all from a make file. (we've not documented that process yet, but will as we did the cygwin or not eclipse build environments).

And the latest and greatest code is here - https://github.com/EvvGC/Firmware/tree/experimental
Aug 25, 2013, 12:16 PM
Thread OP
As you know I am not a programmer, I can push project forward in my own quick and dirty way,
but since there was so much people complaining about the code, I will close this thread and since I have no skills to make "right code" wont bother you with my further experiments
Aug 25, 2013, 12:43 PM
Ok, which ever you prefer. I'm sure you understand. Hardware is nothing without software. Software needs to be user friendly, and easy to maintain and advance.

This has grown to something much larger than a single person creating firmware. Is very much become a collaborative project which I hope was the original intent.

Thanks for the contributions

Alan

Quick Reply