Apr 11, 2013, 04:30 AM
Thread OP
Question

How to (correctly) connect Dragon OSD+ V2 to FatShark Predator V2 RTF Kit?

Hi,
I received my brand new Dragon OSD+ v2 a couple of days ago and am in the process of installing it into my DJI Phantom.
I had already the FatShark Predator V2 RTF kit installed and working on this quad, with the CCD Killer camera from FatShark.

I've searched high and low, and couldn't find one good explanation of which lead goes where from the camera, this is what I've currently done:
The camera has 5 leads coming out of the connector:
- Vid (yellow) --> Vid-In (DOSD)
- VCC (Red) --> VCC out on VideoTX (left like was)
- 0V (black/shield) --> to 0V of VideoTX as well as to GND of DOSD (not sure here...)
- Audio (white/thin black) --> to VideoTX with AUD-Out from DOSD joined together with either

This seems mostly OK to me, and even works, however I get bright white horizontal bars over the complete image on every line where there's text.
this does not happen when hooking the camera directly to the VideoTX

A 2nd problem I'm having is that I cannot get the serial interface of the DOSD to work. I've made a serial cable, and connected it both a USB-->RS232 port on my laptop, as well as an on-board COM1 port on an old WinXP machine.
On both PC's I get the same behaviour, if I plug the power of the DOSD in, I get some rubbish text on the screen, certain keystrokes will return certain characters, and pressing 'ENTER' produces a 'C' on the terminal screen.

I've swapped around the RX/TX pin in the serial cable, I've triple-checked my terminal settings (38400/115200 baud, 8 databits, 1 stopbit, no parity).
It seems like the DOSD is sending data of the line but my terminal is not configured correctly, however I've followed the instructions in the manual...

Thanks to anyone willing to help!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 17, 2013, 05:39 PM
Thread OP
I did a couple of test flights with the out-of-box settings for the OSD (still can't get the RS232 link working...).
I seem to have a problem with the current sensor: when flying a 2200mAh battery near-empty, the OSD says it's consumed 4000+mAh, impossible!
Apr 17, 2013, 06:44 PM
Rick
Try asking your question here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1211816
Lots of smart guys in this thread. They helped me get my DOSD+ setup and working properly.

Quick Reply