This thread is privately moderated by CurrentDude, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 10, 2013, 08:41 AM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Discussion

Eagle Tree Guardian Manual - Jargon buster version

16 September 2013

The new version of the manual is now added.
Please note the main changes are in the Level and Trim setting sections and the rest is virtually unchanged.

Hope you find new version equally helpful

Cheers

There has been an error in cut and pasting of Trim and level setting. I'll correct it and resubmit the manual soon. I know about 130 members have viewed this manual since 1st September. Please bear with me and it will be here later on.

Thanx.

AK

Here is my Final Version (1 September 2013) - written by a fixed wing flyer for fixed wing flyers.

E&O is expected but if you do find any then please bring it to my attention which will be gratefully acknowledged.

I'll update the doc from time to time, if necessary.

The Step-by-Step guide is correct in the respect that by following each step correctly, you'll be able to carry out successful flight tests. I strongly urge you to take your time over the manual and please don't be in a hurry or skip any step.

I've also given check boxes so that you can keep a tab of everything in every single step.

Cheers
Last edited by CurrentDude; Apr 21, 2014 at 03:01 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2013, 01:54 AM

nice job!

Thanks! I had pretty much figured this out by now, but it's great to have it in one place.

Some advice on the different PC-adjustments would be nice. Rate hold vs. heading hold, for one. I have the general idea, but I'm still not clear on why I want one or the other.
Jul 14, 2013, 07:31 AM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Thanx Reegor for your feed back.

I wrote it when I first started using Guardian and felt the manual had an awful amount of technical jargon and there was not much join up thinking from a pilots point of view. This manifested my "Jargon Buster" version . It's aimed towards beginners really to get to grip with Guardian and fly safely.

HTH

Cheers
Last edited by CurrentDude; Sep 02, 2016 at 06:12 PM.
Aug 08, 2013, 02:11 PM
In thw set up document you say "blinking GREEN" light. It should state ORANGE. Being new to this I connected all up and got the 4 + 1 blink in ORANGE. As this was an error condition I took the orange as being error colour. When I plugged in a fresh battery I got blinking orange Mode 2D default, but because it wasn't GREEN I thought it was still an error condition. A helpful guy on HK site put me right now all working fine. Hay Ho
Aug 08, 2013, 08:36 PM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Glad to hear it got sorted for you. I'm rather puzzle about orange colour?????? Did this change to green eventually?

All my Gs and 20 other people I know gets green colour..

Will be interested hearing your reply.

Cheers
Dec 22, 2013, 03:53 PM
Hi,
I'm new to the site, and need help setting up the Eagle Tree Guardian 2d/3d. Can you please send me info. on this. I thank you very much. Have a Happy Holiday!!
Dec 22, 2013, 04:07 PM
Scout CX | mCX2 | mSR | 120SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinsonReliant
Hi,
I'm new to the site, and need help setting up the Eagle Tree Guardian 2d/3d. Can you please send me info. on this. I thank you very much. Have a Happy Holiday!!
top of page
Apr 30, 2014, 04:13 PM
2016 The Year for Air Shows

Thank you! I have two Eagle Tree Stab, played with one until I decided "I have no idea what I am doing", the mfg manual is for engineers. Now I think I will take them back out and use them. Thanks again!

P.S. I will add your link to the "Top Dog Blogs by RCG Members" that I will post in May.
May 01, 2014, 06:17 PM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Sneakers

Thank you! I have two Eagle Tree Stab, played with one until I decided "I have no idea what I am doing", the mfg manual is for engineers. Now I think I will take them back out and use them. Thanks again!

P.S. I will add your link to the "Top Dog Blogs by RCG Members" that I will post in May.

Hi Red.Sneakers,

You need too worry about being new to G - it's a good kit to have in a model and once you set it up correctly, you'd be asking yourself "How did I manage to fly without a G ?" It certainly cuts down the crash and repair rate.

Now, regarding setting up the G, suggest follow the step-by-step guide in the manual I've written . This has check list as well and hopefully you'd find it useful.

Let us know how you got on.

Cheers
Jul 29, 2014, 01:27 PM
Is there any possible way to use this badboy if I have the model setup for 2 ail, 2 elev and don't want to Y them together.

Thanks in advance!
Jul 29, 2014, 06:44 PM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDrako
Is there any possible way to use this badboy if I have the model setup for 2 ail, 2 elev and don't want to Y them together.

Thanks in advance!
Hi DD,
I'm atm away from my base so afraid can't give you a definite answer.
HTH

Cheers
Last edited by CurrentDude; Sep 02, 2016 at 06:15 PM.
Jul 30, 2014, 09:32 AM
Thank you sir. Appreciate it.
Jan 07, 2015, 03:35 PM
Istanbul, Bahcesehir/TURKEY

guardian and eurofighter V360

Hi CurrentDude,

I have eRc Eurofighter 360 TV v1.

This model has 2 aileron and 2 vector and 2 canard

I wish to use eagletree 2-3d guardian stabilizeer on to my Eurofighter. is it possible ? if yes what should the wiring and setup?
my Tx is futaba T8FG
CH 1 left aileron+ vector1
CH 2 right aileron + vector2
CH 3 throtle
CH 4 rud.
CH 5 retracts
CH 6 left canard
CH 7 right canard

I use 4 mixing: 1- Ch 1 & 7
2- Ch 1& 6
3-Ch 2 &7
4- Ch 2 & 6

thanks
Last edited by churel; Jan 07, 2015 at 03:37 PM. Reason: atachments
Jan 07, 2015, 04:58 PM
I got FPV fever
Thread OP
Hi Churel,

First of all, your Eurofighter looks fantastic. I wonder who is the manufacturer?

I don't have a Futaba Tx - so I'd not be able to help you in the actual Tx set up. However, the principle is still the same for all Tx so hopefully you'll can work it out yourself.

Now, I'd suggest you do download the manual I've written - a lot to be taken in. So suggest print it out and give every step tick marks one you've progress on. Do those ticks with a pencil so if any mistake is made then you can correct it and not end up with a massey checklist.

Guardian needs to be added on channel 5, so you'll have to free up your that channel.

I'd also suggest link up aileron and cunard with a Y- connector that way you can free up two channel and undercarriage can go into one of them. If less movements are needed for cunard, do that mechanically.

You should not need any mixing programme - G will do it for you. However, you'll need flap channel or a three position switch for mode control (2d, 3d, off) and a curl knob for gain control.

I'd also suggest use the control throws of elevator, ailerons, cunard and rudder as recommended by the manufacturer of the model. This is important. But set the rate to G to 100%. I can tell you more about it later on.

I'd also suggest fitting the G on a simpler model (R, E & A) so that you can get a taste of how G works. You can then transfer that knowledge to Eurofighter. A Foamy model is not very expensive and damage/ accident made there can be repaired easily. I'd hate to get even a sketch on that beautiful fighter.

Hope this help.

Cheers
Last edited by CurrentDude; Jan 07, 2015 at 06:34 PM.
Jun 03, 2015, 06:24 PM

Guardian use with spoilerons?

Question for Guardian experts: I am trying to use the Guardian in a sailplane with spoilerons. To get adequate upward deflection I set up the ailerons with a lot of thow. I only use a little of that available throw (~20%) for aileron controls. When I turn on the Guardian in 2D or 3D mode, it causes the spoilerons to deploy and gives WAY too much aileron deflection. I can't figure out a way to set the neutral aileron position for the Guardian, and to attenuate the aileron deflection. The system works fine with the Guardian off. Any suggestions?

Quick Reply