Apr 09, 2013, 05:35 AM
Just another FPV addicted teen
Thread OP
Discussion

My twin motor cargo plane design.

Just something I drew in class. Can I make it reality?
Want to use 2x 1000kv-1300kv motors and 8-9 inch props 20-30 esc
Differential thrust would be nice so I don't need a moving rudder but I don't know how to program it but it should be figure out able. I was planning on using a Y lead to connect the to esc to the rx but any other advice is welcome the pics won't be best quality but you should be able to see what I drew. Also planning on using a kfm2 airfoil for the wing or just under cambered wing kfm2 reduces drag so ill probably go for that.

Thanks Ben

Name: DSCN0395.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 138.4 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN0394.jpg
Views: 74
Size: 138.2 KB
Description:

Name: DSCN0393.jpg
Views: 68
Size: 148.4 KB
Description:
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2013, 06:19 AM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Have a look at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1124466
There are details there about how to do the differential throttle.
Apr 09, 2013, 06:28 AM
An itch?. Scratch build.
You really need to draw it at to scale, and with the wing in position. Side view and plan view.

From your drawing it's difficult to see where the wing is positioned, and as the fuselage seems a little short, the wing to tail distance, (moment arm), could do with being shown.

For tricycle undercarriage the rear wheels really need to be just behind the CG, so that the plane can rotate easy on take-off.

Just about anything can be made to fly, the better designs give you more confidence that it will fly successfully. (That's why we often copy someone else's design and just change a few small things ).

Your design is very reminiscent of the Short Skyvan, have a look at this thread -

Shorts Skyvan SC7
Apr 09, 2013, 07:16 AM
Just another FPV addicted teen
Thread OP
ahhh v-tail mixer i see now

Quick Reply