Apr 08, 2013, 08:38 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

High Performance FPV Pusher/Twin Boom Pulsar Pro 3E FPV

Would somebody be interested in high quality 3m FPV sailplane? If you take model apart it fits easily to 1m Long Box!!! We were asked for precision, high altitude, fast sailplane and we are trying to find interested customers.

Zb/Esprit Model

You can see details here:
http://www.espritmodel.com/search.aspx?find=pulsar+pro
Last edited by Esprit Model; Mar 16, 2014 at 10:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 09, 2013, 12:59 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Would somebody be interested in high quality 3m FPV sailplane? If you take model apart it fits easily to 1m Long Box!!! We were asked for precision, high altitude, fast sailplane and we are trying to find interested customers.

Zb/Esprit Model

Absolute, enigma and experience pro e are faster and way more fun fpv

Really slow gliders get boring very fast

It's more fun with planes that have large fuse and carry big batteries

Thin fuse gliders not really great for fpv

Experience pro e is bomb of a plane for fpv

But enigma is rock solid and tight plane, great fpv set up

Bullet is too small for decent fpv

Bigger is for sure better but it has to have room for business inside fuse
And unbreakable in the air with heavy load
Apr 09, 2013, 02:27 AM
Quote:

Zb/Esprit Model

Looks wonderful, but $$$ ouch!
Apr 09, 2013, 04:35 AM
sorry, but i dont see twin boom pusher sailplane
get pls direct link to product
Apr 09, 2013, 06:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adekamer
Sorry, all fixed.

Zb/Esprit Model
Apr 09, 2013, 07:05 AM
I would be very interested, but I couldn't find this particular product anywhere on your site.

I disagree that sailplanes can be boring. It depends on what you're doing. Roberto Monteil (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1543631) did a 110KM out and return with an Esprit Facination glider. To me, that's completely not boring. It takes a lot of technical know-how, planning, skill and of course luck to get a flight like that done. I doubt if anything other than a sailplane could have done the job.

Please direct me to the product page / link, I'd really like to check it out.

-Peter
Apr 09, 2013, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adekamer
Every model is based on our line of Pulsar Pro sailplanes. The construction is outstanding, details perfect.

The wing is a balsa built-up Carbon Fiber and Kevlar D-box design that utilizes carbon fiber faced balsa ribs and carbon fiber trailing edge. The open section of the wing, as well as the tail parts, are covered with UltraCote. The fuselage is made of white gel-coated 2.4GHz friendly fiberglass/Kevlar with carbon fiber tapered boom and removable carbon fiber canopy. The three piece wing with little bit of dihedral on the central panel and 2-piece conventional tail are each easily removable for transport and storage. The rudder as well as elevator servos install in the vertical fin. The careful use of composites, combined with an underlying wood structure in the wing, ensures a good light structure that will hold its shape for a long time. This is an extremely light, high performance model.

Zb/Esprit Model

Apr 09, 2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
3m FPV sailplane
Quote:
Pusher
Quote:
If you take model apart it fits easily to 1m Long Box!!!
Me like!

-Hugo
Apr 10, 2013, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Every model is based on our line of Pulsar Pro sailplanes. The construction is outstanding, details perfect.

The wing is a balsa built-up Carbon Fiber and Kevlar D-box design that utilizes carbon fiber faced balsa ribs and carbon fiber trailing edge. The open section of the wing, as well as the tail parts, are covered with UltraCote. The fuselage is made of white gel-coated 2.4GHz friendly fiberglass/Kevlar with carbon fiber tapered boom and removable carbon fiber canopy. The three piece wing with little bit of dihedral on the central panel and 2-piece conventional tail are each easily removable for transport and storage. The rudder as well as elevator servos install in the vertical fin. The careful use of composites, combined with an underlying wood structure in the wing, ensures a good light structure that will hold its shape for a long time. This is an extremely light, high performance model.

Zb/Esprit Model

Zb -
Put it into production! I'd buy one! I owned an AVA a few years ago, very similar and very high quality construction and I'm guessing the Pulsar line is as good or better.
Apr 10, 2013, 08:11 AM
Gravity is patient............
Nice idea. Link in first post is still not working.
Apr 10, 2013, 11:38 AM
Thread OP
Looks like we will go for it, please helps us with your ideas. We expect first pieces in 2-3 monts.

Zb/Esprit Model
Apr 10, 2013, 01:09 PM
Gravity is patient............
Make sure you provide enough room for all the fpv gear. Sail planes have skinny fuses in general.

I would like to see someone provide preplanned positions in the wings for gps, transmitter and antenna, receiver and antenna, etc. Anything that needs good seperation to work properly and avoid rf conflicts. If you put everything in the fuse, it can get crowded and problematic. If there's one place on a sailplane with tons of room, it is the wings. If you thought about it in the design process you could provide hatches for these electronics and avoid most of the drag that surface mounting can cause. And you could leave the fuse skinny.
Apr 10, 2013, 01:27 PM
Zb -
Excellent news!

If you're still in the design phase, I'd like to offer some suggestions:

1) For the fuselage layout, it looks like you've got a substantial pod configured. That's a good step. If you all haven't had much experience with FPV I'd suggest looking at the typical gear we have to shoehorn into our models. It's quite a bit and goes beyond conventional R/C gear. I've been searching high and low for a roomy enough airframe that retains glider characteristics. For me you're on to something. You might want to gather a suite of typical FPV gear and design around it:

Conventional gear:
Servos, motor, ESC + BEC (a lot of us use a motor controller + a small castle BEC to run the radio and other electronics), thermal sniffer.
FPV Gear:
OSD, Camera and we generally use unconventional UHF receivers, e.g. EzUHF, Dragon Link, etc, video transmitters,.

A well designed model in my mind would be built around this type of typical layout and wouldn't force a builder to shoehorn everything in.

2) Should strive to maintain good aerodynamics. One of the big things with FPV is that we're forced to have a lot of junk hanging out in the slipstream, e.g. antennas, transmitters. I'd love to see a design that helps us "tuck" some of that gear away. That might be pockets in the wings, pre-routed wiring, mount points etc.

3) One of the unique problems with FPV is the necessity (in most cases) to get the transmitting stuff as far away from the receiving stuff as possible. In a lot of cases, this is much easier said than done. It would be great if a new design could address these concerns (see point #2). In a nutshell, you want all the stuff that receives a signal (GPS, R/C receiver) as far away physically as possible from the transmitting stuff (video transmitter, telemeter, other...)

4) Design for a lot of inherent stability. Most of the best FPV planes are naturally stable. Some competition level TD sailplanes that I've flown are definitively unstable. I think it's important to retain the good stuff that a TD airframe has to offer (great L/D, great thermalling, good energy retention, etc.) while eliminating the bad, typical TD airframe stuff (sensitive CG, stall sensitive, lots of care and feeding in turns).

5) If you're considering housing the camera in the pod, looking through a plastic canopy, be cautious. That's been tried a lot with mixed results. Distortion is a problem, they tend to get scratched up during landings. I've used this (from a 3D printer service) with good success:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/54823...=62&li=ostatus

Can't wait to see the finished product! Count on at least 1 pre-order!!
Last edited by peter.braswell; Apr 10, 2013 at 01:42 PM.
Apr 10, 2013, 01:38 PM
Oh! And one other thing! Be VERY VERY careful with too much carbon! Video and the UHF radio signals DO NOT LIKE being in front or behind a layer of carbon!!!!!! This comes into play with regard to pockets and nooks in the wing and other places on the plane. I know this style of plane uses strategic carbon in the wing D tube and as booms.
Apr 10, 2013, 08:59 PM
Suspended Account
This pulsar looks like the big brother of my garnet dlg

Same manufacturer and very high quality

Extreme high quality

Built for very light set up to glide for very long time

I recommend the straight up pulsar e version

It has motor in front and enough space in fuse for fpv stuff

I see on website
Albatross sport glider it looks great for fpv

Also f5b enigma
This plane I fly fpv and it is very fun fpv
No need for large motor but just one that goes like 1000 watts or less

Enigma from this guy who sells them is perfect fpv plane that does it all

2 hours flight time no problem if you just want to glide around

Pulsar would be slow and only just thermal hunter as no large battery could fit into,it

Bird of time for 120$ from great planes will fill your needs for thermal hunting

I highly recommend enigma for pure fpv fun

It glides very well and not need to be flown f5b at all

This guys sells enigma and well worth the money

Don't worry about carbon if you set up the plane correctly

Carbon has very little effect if you set up plane well

Quick Reply