Apr 07, 2013, 09:09 PM
DotCoDotUk
Thread OP
New Product

Bledi-DiaLFonZo Copter VTail HUNTER 400 CANOPY + Addons

Ok first of all i would like to say thanks for the interest in this thread and also thanks to the people who have shown a direct interest in this Canopy etc for your Bledi-DiaLFonZo VTail Copter 400.

Bledi and DiaLFonZo produced the first prototype for the V-Tail copter frames in March 2012.
This was one of two main size V-Tail frames they soon when on to produce.
Following the 500 size frame was the 400 size.

To compliment this exceptional quadcopter frame 'I have developed a canopy available for you to buy.

The Canopy (400 size only) .. By iNNERBREED

It is available in three main parts.
-Main Magnetic Detachable centre part and two separate Motor Arm Covers.

Additionally the kit comes with magnetic mounts that fit directly to the frame meaning we have something to attach the canopy too.

Please remember, the space for flight controller is quite small and will need to be tested with a bigger board, but at the moment a mini board 35x35mm does fit easy.
Buyers discretion...
(Actual Magnets are not included and will need to be ordered separately) Only requires four per kit. 0.25" diameter and 0.0625" high (1/4x1/16)

The Canopy WILL be available for you to order as soon as we have finished playing ourselves.
http://www.innerbreed.co.uk/DiaLFonZ...anopy-kit.html

DiaLFonZo-Copter - VTail 400 V1
FULL KIT

Permalink: http://shpws.me/ntKl

CANOPY ONLY

Permalink: http://shpws.me/ntNX

LEFT ARM ONLY

Permalink: http://shpws.me/ntKk

RIGHT ARM ONLY

Permalink: http://shpws.me/ntKj
Last edited by Innerbreed; Apr 26, 2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: title
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2013, 09:45 PM
sexy
Apr 08, 2013, 12:12 AM
DOE
DOE
I was about to contact you to tell you that I could not order one. I went to the website yesterday to buy and was disappointed that I couldn't. But I guess I will have to still wait. Will the price still be in the $100 range?
Apr 08, 2013, 01:37 AM
DotCoDotUk
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOE
I was about to contact you to tell you that I could not order one. I went to the website yesterday to buy and was disappointed that I couldn't. But I guess I will have to still wait. Will the price still be in the $100 range?
Sorry to disappoint you on your shopping venture yesterday. Not long to wait. Ill talk to eric later tonight (its his birthday today) about sales.

Again "from previous thread" we have tried to make this as cheap as we can. In fact, some 'lets say needed' design features were abandoned, just so we can keep the price down.

The pricing was posted in euros €
Its around the €100 mark at €93.70

I ordered mine in separate parts. I think it ended up being more expensive that way, but I was able to spead the cost. I pay in £ and so it was about £80.

If others do really want this canopy but feel they cannot afford it then im happy to work on design ideas but again... we have looked at most options and it is what it is. I wish I could make something out of this but with such a high price anyway, I cannot see it worth adding any markup.

Jonny.

Will update shortly...
Apr 08, 2013, 02:26 AM
DOE
DOE
I wish that the dollar was like the quid it wouldn't hurt that much.
Apr 08, 2013, 03:36 AM
New to Multi rotors
Truly awsome looking, great job.

when you get round to the 500, i'll be havin one of those bad boys, even if it only ever sits on my shelf.
Apr 08, 2013, 04:11 AM
I like this awesome design, can naza use with this frame?
Apr 08, 2013, 10:19 AM
DotCoDotUk
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvboy
yes i dont see why not. if you have a dimensional spec on the Naza i can render one into the model to see how it might fit if you have your concerns.
Apr 08, 2013, 03:11 PM
DotCoDotUk
Thread OP
Ok Guys.

Obviously this project started off as a self (in house) project but im happy to share and so iv made this available for others to buy. I'm some ways iv been selfish by designing it to copter spec and so i do appreciate that other people have different size boards, Arrangement of wiring, Prop hight, etc and so it will be for your own benefit to read my conclusion before you order. (this is basically my disclaimer)

The Arms:
im 100% happy with how the arms have come out.
it bolts down real nice and it feels very sturdy.
i have made the screw holes slightly smaller than the screw itself so we get a nice tight hold.

In my tests i have used:
MYSTERY A2208-14 with a Size: 27.5mm x 30mm.
With my collets and props (8" GF8045) the arm and prop sit 6-8mm at the closest point. im using some pretty ridged props and not like those cheap bendable ones, and so i have no concern about glancing a prop on the case.

Check your Prop Hight:
At 8" from the motor 'the arm casing sites at about 16mm higher than the actual frame arm. so you can check your hight of your props to your frame to see if the arms will fit without having to modify.

Main Canopy:
Many design changes have happen to this part. mainly to save people money.
i am not quite 100% on the canopy as my first idea was to have a screw down feature to insure a 100% protection of it coming off.

With the current design (on magnets) im certain it still wont come off in flight.
my concern on the design is that, in removing material from the "screw mounts" and having it just on the magnets (front and back) is that those two points give the canopy an axis to roll on. (slight side to side movement)
this doesn't happen when in flight but rocking the canopy by hand has been something iv noticed.

Again i do not have any fear of this coming off.

Conclusion:
I am happy to put the kit up for sale for you to buy directly from Shapeways...
I am also happy to allow this project to be "open source". Meaning all the parts are Downloadable for you to Modify, Print, do what ever.

The reason for this is not because I'm unhappy with it, (I'm not. i think its very cool and it fits well to my frame) but it just give you options and means you proceed at your own risk.

Again an update for those with 500 frames. ill look into gathering info from Eric so i can model one for those too. will be a lot more material and so ... Expensive.

Shop will go live shortly....

links on first post.
ENJOY.
Apr 08, 2013, 06:57 PM
DotCoDotUk
Thread OP
Ready to order.
Apr 10, 2013, 01:04 PM
Very nice!!!!, goes well w/the "very nice" V-Tail LOL!, never ordered anything thru shapeways (never actually heard of it before) but I just ordered 1 of these sets for my 400, are these coming from the US or Europe or ?
Apr 10, 2013, 01:42 PM
DotCoDotUk
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyp
Very nice!!!!, goes well w/the "very nice" V-Tail LOL!, never ordered anything thru shapeways (never actually heard of it before) but I just ordered 1 of these sets for my 400, are these coming from the US or Europe or ?
Shapeways.com is the world's leading 3D Printing marketplace.
There Headquartered in New York with offices in Eindhoven and Seattle.

As i order from the UK i think they make my prints in Eindhoven. not sure if this is there only printing facility as i believe they have one in NY but im only guessing on that.

Iv had a shop with them for a while now and there customer service is one of the best iv had to deal with. If you upload a model and its not quite right, they will help you fix it, as well as give great advice.

I personally use Shapeways as there prints are very good. and i love the fact that i can print in metal!

http://www.shapeways.com/materials

Please let me know what you think of the canopy once it arrives. it should be with you in just under two weeks. Usually about 10 working day.

Im happy to assist you in fitting it, but its a very simple solution.
remember to order your magnets!!

1/4x1/16 or 1/4x1/32 Disc magnets

J
Apr 10, 2013, 01:46 PM
Autopilot no control
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvboy
I don't think Naza supports vtail.
Apr 10, 2013, 03:04 PM
DotCoDotUk
Thread OP
Humm, yes this is true
Supported Multi-rotor
Quad-rotor ,
X;
Hex-rotor
V
Y6
...But it would fit in the canopy. lol
Apr 10, 2013, 03:35 PM
Thanx innerbreed, something new to me LOL!, I thought it was a molded canopy, this'll be a new "skill" to learn LOL!, great work on the design, really makes the V-Tail look sleek, already got a drawer of magnets although I'll bet I don't have the right size here but I will have when the canopy set arrives! Thanks for your work on this & Eric's for the frame, they look so good together!

Quick Reply