Apr 07, 2013, 12:54 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Hexa new design materials

Hello everyone.
i recently register in diydrones as i just starting work in my first scratch build multicopter, i been flying helicopter and fixed wings for some years now but recently i wanted to work on a multi but of my own design.
i already started drafting the design in inventor, but i also been thinking about materials.

i'm not sure about what material to choose for the diferent parts Carbon?, Aluminium?, Coroplastic?

i been thinking on usign carbon for te main frame and tubes and aluminium for motor mounts and ESC mounts (so it can also act as heat disipator)
my knowledge of materials is not very extensive so i would like to know opinions of what could be a good choice or choices.

also would like to take into account dificulty into using the materials (like molds and plastic injections thats not easyly accesible or too expensive for prototypes)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply