Thread Tools
Apr 14, 2013, 02:35 AM
Registered User
Why not supply with a cs mount so the lenses could be user replaceable?
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2013, 06:58 PM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by pardus
I hope too, "hashtag sixteen" sounds just plain silly! Same for "hashtag twentysix". If I post on Twitter it'll be ##26...
You must be from a younger generation... '#' was the "pound" or "number" sign LOOOONG before Twitter. Sigh.

I lost my 808 #16 today during Popwing combat and was going to buy another but I see that a new one is on the horizon. I don't care about 1080p; I'm much more interesting in the 720p 60fps recording. Little to no jello and a much sharper image at 60fps. So I'll wait and see how this shakes out. Thanks Tom for all you do.... I greatly appreciate all of your hard work and informative posts.

And lens options would be wonderful... if there's anything I hate about my GoPro Hero2, it's the fisheye 170-degree FOV at 60fps I can't get rid of unless I drop $400 on the Hero3 Black. I don't want a fisheye on this one if I can help it.
Apr 15, 2013, 04:46 PM
Registered User
Ulrik_A's Avatar
Some updates maybe ?

Latest 808 #26 indoor Test Video, AVI H.264 1080p 30FPS-Daily casual recording (0 min 27 sec)


808 #26 - alpha settings GUI (0 min 17 sec)


Apr 15, 2013, 04:51 PM
Mtz
Mtz
Registered User
Mtz's Avatar
Yeah, and another great thing can be that I can use my old #18 USB cable, so no need do spend another money on cables.

enjoy,
Mtz
Apr 16, 2013, 02:22 PM
Registered User
Is this going to be like the history has taught us?
The first release a beta hardware version and the good one after the second release?
How about this?
It is not only the firmware, it is the hardware also.
The early original #11 had problems, so the #16 which did not had AV out or the #18.

So are they going to get serious or will I spend my money on something that is not the real thing?
Any info on this?
Apr 16, 2013, 03:26 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by air_crash
Is this going to be like the history has taught us?
The first release a beta hardware version and the good one after the second release?
How about this?
It is not only the firmware, it is the hardware also.
The early original #11 had problems, so the #16 which did not had AV out or the #18.

So are they going to get serious or will I spend my money on something that is not the real thing?
Any info on this?
I have had all of these cameras from day one and can assure you the #16 never had any major problems. One could always go back a version or more. Not so with the #11/#18. The old #11 was much better, but the new #11/#18 are very problematic. I expect the #26 to have problems too but hope the developer corrects them faster than he does his #11/#18.
Apr 18, 2013, 08:06 PM
Registered User
My only quibble with my #16 is I believe the video quality could be better. The colors are pretty washed out and the lens is not the clearest. Why not simply upgrade the sensor and lens and leave everything else the same? If those need a bit bigger case I'm okay with that too. In the mean time it's a great camera that serves me well.
Apr 19, 2013, 07:55 AM
I hate waiting for parts
Mike_Then's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying circus
My only quibble with my #16 is I believe the video quality could be better. The colors are pretty washed out and the lens is not the clearest. Why not simply upgrade the sensor and lens and leave everything else the same? If those need a bit bigger case I'm okay with that too. In the mean time it's a great camera that serves me well.
For the amount of money & the size of the 808 #16, I think it takes great video. It's not GoPro quality but for $35 I can't (and don't) expect much more. Like I said earlier, I'm waiting for this new one to come out so I can record at 60fps. On-board combat flying is gonna be great with that.
Apr 21, 2013, 07:19 PM
Registered User
a normal FOV is almost as useless as the too wide 170 degree go pro. for RC work. Lens options would be fantastic. 120 is a bit wide but a 100 degree FOV would be nice. cant imagine anyone wanting a go pro over this if the specs hold up. WAYYYYYYYY more versatile.
Apr 21, 2013, 07:38 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidaven
cant imagine anyone wanting a go pro over this if the specs hold up. WAYYYYYYYY more versatile.
GoPro 3 black has much more advanced modes like 4k, 2.7k, 1080p/60 and 720p/120, better dynamic range, better still photos and better audio... Basically better everything except size and price.

If you compare GoPro 1 to 808 #26, then it's a bit more fair comparison... 808 may even win in audio department. (And perhaps in field of view. But that's a matter of opinion also. And GoPro's lens can be upgraded.)
Last edited by Fintastic; Apr 21, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Apr 22, 2013, 02:31 AM
Registered User
It seems a really strong and popular requirement to have different lens options.

Even if different lenses were to be provided as standard, they might not make the best of the sensor. It is often the lenses where cost savings are made, yet the optics of a camera system have an enormous impact on overall picture quality.

As I posted earlier, a CS mount (possibly as an attachment) would enable the use of a massive range of available lenses of differencing qualities, price and focal length.
Apr 22, 2013, 07:06 AM
Registered User
Just got this email from Beetle online. Apparently the lens is a fixed 70 degrees.....if they are measuring diagnol its equiv. to a 35mm lens of about 30mm, if they are measuring horiz. its a much better 25mm perspective. My guess based on the samples is that its the diag. and 30mm equiv. I think a 50mm lens has a 46 degree AOV.

"Dear,

thank you for your kindly e-mail.

(1080P)SunPlus SPCA6330A+OV2710


it's 70 degrees

thank you.

any questions,just e-mail to us.

Have a nice day! "
Last edited by hidaven; Apr 22, 2013 at 07:14 AM.
Apr 22, 2013, 07:17 AM
Registered User
Hmm, a wide angle lens is not useful in any situation.
For instance I would like a tele lens, the opposite.
I like shooting vacations and also my son, so it would be better if I did not had to be so close and let him play while I am recording, still have a zoomed detailed picture.

Another thing is the battery life. I would like the battery lasted at least 1 hour.
Recently I moddified my original #11 to accept a 602035 battery. Now I can be relaxed shooting videos and don`t worry about battery life.
Apr 22, 2013, 08:13 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by air_crash
Hmm, a wide angle lens is not useful in any situation.
For instance I would like a tele lens, the opposite.
I like shooting vacations and also my son, so it would be better if I did not had to be so close and let him play while I am recording, still have a zoomed detailed picture.

Another thing is the battery life. I would like the battery lasted at least 1 hour.
Recently I moddified my original #11 to accept a 602035 battery. Now I can be relaxed shooting videos and don`t worry about battery life.
Without a viewfinder, a tele lens would make it all but impossible for you to capture the area you want. The wider the lens, the more chance you have of capturing what you want. Objects further away than a few feet will, of course, be much smaller if you use a wide angle lens.

The case design will dictate the max. size of the battery. The larger the battery, the bigger and heavier the case. The nice small size of the #11 just isn't possible if you want 1080p or 720p @60fps - at least with today's technology.
Apr 22, 2013, 08:58 AM
Registered User
RocketMouse's Avatar
For FPV recording I prefer 100-120 degree lens. Anything narrower or wider will be useless, inappropriate and must be strictly forbidden!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Just a quick test video of my new DJI Flame Wheel F550 with a Drift HD170 720p 60fps jasper7821 Multirotor Drone Talk 2 Mar 11, 2012 05:43 PM
Discussion Mi-96HD Camera - 1080p/30fps CrashingDutchman FPV Talk 10 Jan 24, 2012 12:14 PM
Discussion Gopro Videos 60fps 720p DavidIvanowich FPV Talk 6 Jul 26, 2011 10:46 PM
New Product Oregon Scientific ATC9K with 720p@60fps, now at Costco Glenstr Aerial Photography 0 Jul 11, 2011 10:00 AM
Discussion Aiptek Action HD 1080p Camcorder 720p@60FPS and new A-HD+ LESLIEx317537 Aerial Photography 3 May 06, 2008 10:04 PM