Jun 04, 2013, 06:39 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by captward
Mine is still a work in progress, however here are some pictures to share..
That is major scaler bro, looking forward for your maiden FPV flights and vids.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2013, 06:44 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
My scale FPV flight on Pitts special.

The plane: Pitts Special

Jun 04, 2013, 06:47 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Beautiful sunset flight

Jun 04, 2013, 07:29 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
ican,
you post the most Gorgeous in-cockpit images!
Latest blog entry: My FAVORITE FPV CockPits'!!!!
Jun 04, 2013, 09:22 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by captward
Mine is still a work in progress, however here are some pictures to share..
hey man I like where your Cessna project is headed! Very interested in seeing how well it works as a FPV scale project with gas engine - esp flying a Cessna from inside the cockpit. Would love to do a detailed scale FPV 172 some day, as I have been training on the real thing lately.

I am just finishing up my latest scale project. Just need to fix the defective landing gear and maybe fly it tomorrow. Need to find a good spot for the HD cam.

Parkzone Albatros. CMOS mini cam. Foxtech 400mW 5.8 vTx. Frsky on my 9x, Boscam AIO goggles for headtracking.

Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Jun 04, 2013 at 10:09 PM.
Jun 04, 2013, 10:12 PM
fly by night
iCan3D - great images, and video to be posted soon I hope!

Yours is the first successful use of the #16 cam for live FPV use that I have seen. So congratz on that success, and respect for flying that way trusting a keychain for live cam over water too.
Jun 04, 2013, 11:30 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
ican,
you post the most Gorgeous in-cockpit images!
Thanks man, I fell in love with this plane especially bi-wings. Feels like a real pilot. It changes the way people (public) view about FPV. I've showed to my buddies and everyone hooked up really bad into FPV now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
iCan3D - great images, and video to be posted soon I hope!

Yours is the first successful use of the #16 cam for live FPV use that I have seen. So congratz on that success, and respect for flying that way trusting a keychain for live cam over water too.
Thanks for the compliments BC , I'm started to switch all my FPV cams to #16 cams because the video output quality is very good & sharp compare to FH18C but the cons was limited to 120 degree D-lens unlike my custom added FH18C's 150 degree FOV lens. But the pros having HD recording is major thumbs up. So far no technical problem running the cam over the water having approx 25 minutes per-session flight. Im using class 4 card and with internal lipo removed powered by 5V UBEC.

Video will come soon once i've done collected all those best flight views around my local places.

Btw that is super scaler Parkzone Albatros you have there. You need to put #16 too since the details around it worth recordings.
Jun 05, 2013, 07:21 AM
Multiplex is coming out with a NEW Tacano....
This will be great on a simple LOS aerobatic FPV flights....
Jun 05, 2013, 10:08 AM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Thanks man, I fell in love with this plane especially bi-wings. Feels like a real pilot. It changes the way people (public) view about FPV. I've showed to my buddies and everyone hooked up really bad into FPV now.

Thanks for the compliments BC , I'm started to switch all my FPV cams to #16 cams because the video output quality is very good & sharp compare to FH18C but the cons was limited to 120 degree D-lens unlike my custom added FH18C's 150 degree FOV lens. But the pros having HD recording is major thumbs up.

Btw that is super scaler Parkzone Albatros you have there. You need to put #16 too since the details around it worth recordings.
I agree 100%. Scale FPV is more of a challenge, but also more interesting for the LOS flyers.

I have 3 #16 cams with the 120 lens. I might just try it on this plane later on. I was afraid of the reliability of the #16 cam for live video out.
Jun 05, 2013, 06:36 PM
Nice bipe! You get some awesome views there...

The multiplex Tucano looks pretty neat too, not see that before. I have been toying with the idea of building a sebart PC-21... Obviously much bigger but a similar style of plane.

While I'm here, here's a quick vid of how the cockpit is coming along in the AH-6... It's not quite working perfectly yet but not far off.

AH-6 cockpit progress (1 min 13 sec)
Jun 05, 2013, 06:42 PM
rusty_y2k2

Thats NEAT! :-)

I wish I had the CNC Tools you have!.....amazing!
Jun 05, 2013, 06:59 PM
fly by night
iCan3d - do you get much jello with the #16 cam?

I maidened the Albatros today. Not a #16 cam, but I did use a small cheap CMOS cam to keep it aero and light. Well the propwash causes some vibration resulting in a bit of jello. Not horrible - video being uploaded now.
Jun 05, 2013, 07:23 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Thread OP
Nope, no jello on #16 cam which is why i like it so much compare to other CMOS cam. Mostly i use soft prop almost GWS type to minimized the vibration.

I also got 3x #16 running on scaler but i got problem fitting in the carmo mustang cockpit. Awaiting order extension cables for #16 cam lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2
Nice bipe! You get some awesome views there...

While I'm here, here's a quick vid of how the cockpit is coming along in the AH-6... It's not quite working perfectly yet but not far off.

http://youtu.be/oQqbixaBaQE
Sweet rusty, can't wait to see yur AH-6 in perfection soon.
Jun 05, 2013, 07:43 PM
fly by night
2013-06-06 (3 min 50 sec)
Jun 05, 2013, 11:33 PM
Opt
Opt
Have to agree, scale fpv with cockpit immersion is probably my favourite type of flying...

Have tried a eurofigher, mustang and just recently a redbull replica edge 540

FPV 1.45m FMS P51 mustang (3 min 28 sec)

FPV'ing a Twin 64mm EDF Eurofighter (4 min 39 sec)

Quick Reply