Apr 06, 2014, 05:29 AM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstar
Seems insane but I guess doable for some planes. Just need to find an area that is more deserted like the one he was at. Not sure if there are any like that around San Diego though given the population density is so high.
Oops wrong post to quote.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2014, 05:30 AM
Member #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loukhan
I live 1/2mile from the beach here in northern San Diego and was told by a lifeguard -"no RC vehicles can touch the beach, if you fly-you have to hand launch and catch".
Awww sorry David Hasselhoff, I dropped my plane on landing and it accidentally touched the sand, whaddyagonnadoaboudit??? Lol
Apr 06, 2014, 09:02 AM
Lol
Apr 07, 2014, 04:56 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman
Awww sorry David Hasselhoff, I dropped my plane on landing and it accidentally touched the sand, whaddyagonnadoaboudit??? Lol
Seize it, keep it and fly it ?
Apr 08, 2014, 02:29 AM
Yep, I'll catch a wing or a bixler or DLG but catch a warbird? I like my fingers
Apr 14, 2014, 08:50 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Anyone been scale flying this week?. Haven't posted some updates for so long but i do still flying...over the ocean a lot.

Apr 14, 2014, 11:47 PM
fly by night
very nice!

I guess my 3D Katana aerobat doesn't count as scale flying. I should get back on to tuning in my Drifter. Maybe put more feathers on my epp Eagle to make it yet more scale.
Apr 15, 2014, 12:02 AM
Not really except Camp Pendleton and I wouldn't do it cause it'll be full of holes when it gets back-lol
BC- great idea! I'm looking at getting an eagle, do they fly well?
Apr 15, 2014, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the shots I can!!
I really want to see some of the footage from your Katana BC, are you going to post more? I wasn't able to watch your last vid as my computer didn't like the video

I would love to see a knife-edge from FPV if possible!!

I had a bunch of great flights on the weekend in my P-47, nothing video worthy but good fun. I was taking some friends for rides (they were wearing the goggles, I was flying LOS) also, lots of fun!
Apr 15, 2014, 07:35 PM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
very nice!

I guess my 3D Katana aerobat doesn't count as scale flying. I should get back on to tuning in my Drifter. Maybe put more feathers on my epp Eagle to make it yet more scale.
Thumbs up for 3d katana. if i could find me a redbull edge i'll do some knife edge too on FPV. I'm currently bored so i think scale FPV 3d flight maybe will cheer me up again....let me see how much i have left on inside my pocket$...*sob*sob*
Apr 15, 2014, 08:04 PM
You've been flying your drifter too much
Do you aerobatic your Mustang? What about your Pitts?!?!?
Apr 16, 2014, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d
Thumbs up for 3d katana. if i could find me a redbull edge i'll do some knife edge too on FPV. I'm currently bored so i think scale FPV 3d flight maybe will cheer me up again....let me see how much i have left on inside my pocket$...*sob*sob*
You could always try some LOW flying over the ocean!!
Get down to the "sweet" spot the seabirds use, just off the wave crests, that'll keep you from the boredom hey?
Apr 16, 2014, 09:13 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty12
You've been flying your drifter too much
Do you aerobatic your Mustang? What about your Pitts?!?!?
Both Drifter and scale Mustang and Pitts have same amount of airtime spent, did acro on stang and pitts but it doesn't felt right, still isn't as fun as having acrobatic capabilities on edge 540 or Sbach.

Lately been flying my quads since i have not enough room to fly around, but hey they fly like planes too minus the cockpit

Apr 17, 2014, 12:55 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Check this out, Hobby King releases Durafly range of FPV ready capable "semi" scale plane:
Durafly SkyMule Twin FPV Sports Model EPO 1500mm (PNF)
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html
It has heaps of camera mounting all over the places, huge fuselage and a scary price tag. The only big misses for us is the scale cockpit or atleast a dash boards. The stickers needed to be replaced with camo paint.
Apr 17, 2014, 01:35 AM
If it's to be, it's up to me.
I like it, and I think it would be useful for FPV, but it's not really a "scale" subject. The FPV provisions are not designed with a cockpit point of view in mind, rather to keep the airframe out of the frame like you would on a Skywalker or similar.

in gerneral too, models of this scale (<1/6 or so) don't do scale cockpits all that easily because the scale windows etc are too small. Imaging trying to do a scale FPV version of an A380, then compare it to how easy it is for a 1700mm Cub and you get the idea. The scale chosen is key and I rekon for FPV it has to be around 1/6th or so.

Also, what do you mean my "scary" price? The thing is $160ish RTF, so is in the "disposable" range IMO.