Apr 06, 2013, 05:55 PM
Too many numbers
What OSD is that? I'm researching and I like yours better than most I have seen. Just kidding about the approaches. I'd had rammed it into a tree. You da man!
to remove ads between posts
Apr 06, 2013, 06:16 PM
Eagletree OSD Pro... Ignore the shaking/glitching - it was due to a grounding problem that I later resolved, now the OSD is rock steady at all throttle levels.
Apr 06, 2013, 07:06 PM
Crashaffinity on youtube
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex
I'd love to see a scale P-38 and B-17 done up right and flown FPV.
just my initial foray into fpving my b-17 (one of the videos incorrectly calls it a super fortress) but here's the 2 vids i've made from mine so far:

B-17 superfortress FPV (8 min 38 sec)

B-17 Flying Fortress FPV Acrobatics (3 min 49 sec)

i'm changing a bunch of stuff right now, including adding OSD + DL, and i'm going to have 2 FPV cams on it (on in lower turret as is shown now + one in cockpit w/video switcher)

the b-17 flies awesome, i've only recently gotten back into it, so it'll be a joy to put some real work into it.

i even bought a pack of parachute men to drop!
Apr 06, 2013, 07:14 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
This Thread is Awesome!!!!!

MY Favorite Cockpit FPV vids'.....

FPV piloting chair / Poste de Pilotage en immersion (1 min 44 sec)

SkyWalker:
skywalker FPV & virtual cockpit (4 min 0 sec)

FPV Full scale Cockpit (6 min 44 sec)

P47 thunderbolt, FPV scale, full immersion (3 min 14 sec)
Apr 07, 2013, 12:29 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
your projects are awesome, Rusty.

VRFLyer - he has moved on to making some amazing micro sized scale fpv planes. Very impressive - I tried to do some of that and have run into overweight issues. He managed to find some ultramicro low noise regulators to save weight and use 1 battery.

Yes, these serious scale projects are way more involved, even though mine is still kind of a hack job The scale planes are often heavy, skittish and very fragile, may not have a lot of room for electronics. I can envision 10 ways my Tigermoth maiden could end in disaster. Hope the Feiyu unit helps make it go smoothly, but I suspect it will be a tip-staller.
BC you should try a scale foamie for a try out, i had many success with EPS type scale foamie on 800~960mm wingspan keeping everthing under 800gram of flying weight. Plane still looks super scale. Able to fly moderate height and distance yet did'nt have to struggle with the control. It glides well like a glider and land so easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxiex
I'd love to see a scale P-38 and B-17 done up right and flown FPV.
I'm waiting for hobby king to restock J-power P-38. However my buddies have misfortune with stock esc....probably he was too newb on FPV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty_y2k2
you have some nice planes there... love the P-51.

I'm really looking forward to BC's tigermoth too, that thing is going to be stellar!

It's certainly true that it's very limited in the FPV community, but I think it appeals to many people, they just don't want to invest the time and would rather get up and flying with a simple build that won't hurt the bank or the heart too much if it crashes.

Quite funny that it's so limited when one of the pioneers of FPV was in fact doing beautiful scale builds too - VRflyer is the daddy of truly scale FPV in my opinion. As you say I think it's extremely healthy for the hobby too and I've had comments before saying people feel it's a big positive for the community to see videos like these to deflect from "drone" connotations and put it back in the world of modelling.

Anyway here's my FPV eurofighter I built last year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPlWho3KJHY

and this is a link to my current BIG project, almost 6 months in so far, but I think (hope) it's going to be something pretty special when it's done (warning, HUGE thread lol)

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....-build-project
Hey rusty i ve been watching your progress your Eurofighter, you've inspired me to come to this level of scale flying. You rocks bro, i need to get my EDF scaled FPV soon.
I have to agree with you, limited people going into scale probably scared of loss or thinking negatively on scale as being not so floaty plane, costly and too much work. Btw i prove them wrong. Its equally easy for me to assemble FPV on scale foamie as equally effort adding those on Bixler/Cloudfly glider. I could put all together a scale FPV P-51 with all those basic simple setup under 4 hours, keeping it below 800gram of flying weight for safety reason, uses less budget FPV gear on the plane and the results i get bunch hours of fun scale FPV that fly and glides well enjoying the cloudy horizon and deep blue sky on iconic ww2 machine.
Hardcore air modeler especially VLOS flyer cannot deny the existence in FPV technology being part of society. Technology exist for a reason, the problem is this technology is too close to its relatives the ‘drone’ which where FPV got its bad name from. I was hardcore VLOS flyer did have negative thoughts about FPV but after trying out FPV for nearly 2 years with hundreds over of flight hours TerraGB of video recorded i realised FPV is way to go, its easier to fly FPV than VLOS, i know my orientation, i can level my wings smoothly and being more ethical in flying since i see the whole view of comparison between VLOS and FPV. I can avoid critical/sensitive flying area more accurately than VLOS. When flying FPV i can minimized damage control or knew earlier if i have any brownout, rx reboot, aileron failure and other stuff inside the cockpit than staying deaf VLOS on the ground.
I fly scale FPV because i love being part of real modelling experience. It made me respect how our veteran ww2 pilots or aviator today feels inside their boots.
Scale FPV is pretty much like driving a Lamborghini. Not everyone can handle it. With good experience, self discipline and ethic the car can be easily tame without causing an accident and still legal on the road. The problem is someone doesn't like us driving a Lamborghini because they driving a Ford. Lol.

Btw, thanks for sharing bunch of cool scale FPV stuff. Gave me a new ideas what's next for my sale FPV setup. I need to work scale digital cockpit like P-47.
Keep em coming.
Apr 11, 2013, 09:47 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Talk about scale stuff, right now im busy setting up some group of FPV scale driving. Tried from 1/40 micro to 1/16 size. Micro Jeep, Toyota FJ & Lamborghini while waiting for my Twin prop warbird to arrive for mu FPV project.
Apr 11, 2013, 09:50 AM
ultra cheap pilot
Now working on scale driving on Toyota FJ and Lamborghini while my scale FPV grounded due to raining season.
Apr 22, 2013, 11:57 PM
Here is an Eflite Champ Scale FPV

Eflite Champ Scale FPV (5 min 25 sec)
Apr 23, 2013, 07:39 AM

That was nice!
I like!
Last edited by rclab1; Nov 21, 2015 at 08:34 AM.
Apr 23, 2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacahtu

http://youtu.be/reZZL150UDQ
sick
Apr 23, 2013, 09:28 AM
Team Spektrum FPV
Have you guys seen this thread over on helifreak about the AH-6Z FPV build?
http://helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=490131
It's 3D printed, 5 blade head and 4 blade tail, OSD on a display on the dash, functional cockpit controls, pan and tilt on the pilot and FLIR pod maddness!! It's definately worth cruising the entire thread to see everything he's put into this incredible model. A few examples from his thread.
AH-6 Dash sneaky peak (0 min 49 sec)

AH-6 animated controls (0 min 39 sec)
Apr 23, 2013, 05:22 PM
AH-6Z FPV build

Thats probably the best in the WORLD right now.....I've seen nothing that can Top that guys 'in cockpit' builds'......

#Baller-Status!!!!!
Apr 23, 2013, 06:15 PM
I hope it'll be amazing, but wow it's taking some time!

I never appreciated quite how big the project would get, but every time I got an idea or someone suggested something good I decided to incorporate it... Before you know it I've bought a CNC machine and a 3D printer lol.

Cheers though, I'm really looking forward to getting it done... The "original" thread is on FPVlab by the way, in the pilots lab section. It's pretty huge though so can take a while to wade through.

That champ is cool, love the crazy landing approach lol.
Apr 23, 2013, 07:16 PM
ultra cheap pilot
AH-6 = √ Like

Wow! looks I need to run down town to toys dept looking for scaled cockpit, dont have any 3d printer im broke.
Apr 25, 2013, 07:00 PM
Mine is still a work in progress, however here are some pictures to share..