Jun 12, 2017, 04:57 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude
Hi AH,
Fun has different meaning to different people but like your idea of FUN ....
Happy flying.
Cheers

PS : Vid was good and thumbs up from here.
LOL thx CD, and fun it was!
Although I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little apprehensive as to what the water may have been seeping into... electrons & H2O generally aren't a happy marriage heh heh
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2017, 05:52 PM
I wasn't going to post this because I edited it more so for historical reference for Blisters & myself so it's long-ish and no doubt boring to some, but to those who have tried high wing formation will know it's far more challenging than a couple of Bixlers... there's some close-ups throughout the vid, and the last 3 minutes is of landings.
Hopefully there'll be a more entertaining formation vid in a few months time once we've progressed (improved )...

Formation practise Cub Decathlon 17062017 (11 min 24 sec)
Jun 18, 2017, 03:53 AM
Flying is Electrifying
Hi AH,

Awesome vid.

Flying from a cricket field I assume No model flying allowed within three miles of a field (only kidding) but a cricket field is "No, No" here.

BTW, Sun in out here too... 27oC yesterday and expected to be same today as well. Great flying yesterday till 9:30 pm.

Cheers
Jun 18, 2017, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude
Hi AH,

Awesome vid.

Flying from a cricket field I assume No model flying allowed within three miles of a field (only kidding) but a cricket field is "No, No" here.

BTW, Sun in out here too... 27oC yesterday and expected to be same today as well. Great flying yesterday till 9:30 pm.

Cheers
Thanks CD
ha ha and that would be 3 *nautical* miles from a field
They don't seem to mind us flying there as long as we don't fly on the pitches, and as soon as the cricketers arrive, we depart out of courtesy anyway.
Plus we joined their sports club so we do contribute in a small way
Jun 18, 2017, 02:58 PM
bof
bof
aka RoboBiggles and RoboFritz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
I wasn't going to post this because I edited it more so for historical reference for Blisters & myself so it's long-ish and no doubt boring to some, but to those who have tried high wing formation will know it's far more challenging than a couple of Bixlers... there's some close-ups throughout the vid, and the last 3 minutes is of landings.
Hopefully there'll be a more entertaining formation vid in a few months time once we've progressed (improved )...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsVJoyXLy94&t=315s
My kinda FPV Hoppie - and no that stuff ain't easy.
Jun 18, 2017, 03:05 PM
bof
bof
Maidened the P51b today. Apart from a Cuban 8 at the start it was just a simple, short shake down flight, but she flew beautifully and based on battery use she should be good for 8 mins with a handsome reserve. Using 25-30c Turnigy 4000 mAh. Video will follow. If you just want to see the flying cut the first 3 minutes which was mainly me ogling the cockpit on the ground.
Jun 18, 2017, 04:21 PM
Oh.
My.
Goodness.
Seriously, you take realism to the next level!
I truly wish they'd manufacture a HD cam with either a ccd cam or in the least a high quality CMOS, seeing actual prop blades or even disc would be icing on the cake!
Most of those photos could very easily be mistaken for full scale, for sure
Jun 19, 2017, 06:46 AM
Wow bof those shots are incredible! like aussie said you could easily think they are full size in some of those shots
Very impressed! now you have me looking at my warbirds in a whole different light and thought......
Jun 19, 2017, 12:07 PM
bof
bof
Thanks for the supportive comments fellas.

FPV maiden video of the 1.4m FMS P51b Shangri-La. If you just want to see the flying jump to the 3 minute mark - before that is mainly ogling the cockpit on the ground. Although tbh the coolest bit for me is at about 53 seconds when RoboBiggles' arm cycles the stick and you can see it reflected in the instruments.

If you want to see a video of the full size I used as the principal inspiration for this cockpit, Google "Kermie Cam - P51C" and there are about 3 or 4 vids of Kermit Weeks' full size - from the pilot's perspective. His Albatros DVa was also the inspiration for one of my other cockpits.

RoboBiggles & the P51b FPV Maiden, 18th June 2017 (7 min 23 sec)
Jun 19, 2017, 12:15 PM
Wow bof, that cockpit looks fantastic, great job!
Jun 19, 2017, 03:48 PM
fly by night
King of the FPV cockpits, I must say. Heir to the throne from VRFLyer,
Jun 21, 2017, 07:18 PM
I tell her RC is cheap !
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker
King of the FPV cockpits, I must say. Heir to the throne from VRFLyer,
+1 awesome view and details
Yesterday, 02:19 PM
Not so much scale piloting with a gusty breeze pestering us, just a bit of fun with a Dec, Cub, & two Bix's...

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=9P6jRzlCH3g
Yesterday, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieHoppy
Not so much scale piloting with a gusty breeze pestering us, just a bit of fun with a Dec, Cub, & two Bix's...

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=9P6jRzlCH3g

AussieHoppy, Super cool video! 👍

You might want to fix the URL to:
Flying Fun Dec, Cub, & Bix's 25062017 (6 min 26 sec)
Yesterday, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrunx
AussieHoppy, Super cool video! 👍

You might want to fix the URL to:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=9P6jRzlCH3g
Thanks! And ooops! I saved the link before getting out of the editing page