New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 11, 2017, 04:27 PM
Find More Posts by BCSaltchucker
fly by night
just installed a Connex Prosight HD system into my scale MIA ultralight. the oem camera cable is dang short

Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Jan 11, 2017 at 05:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2017, 05:11 PM
Find More Posts by subsonic
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Keen to see some ground station footage from that if you can!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 05:32 PM
fly by night
oh yes. I have the hd dvr ready to go once the cold windstormy weather breaks.

though my Headplay HD do not have headtracking yet. I might just put pan on the left stick, mix rudder+ail on right stick and tilt on a slider for now. Though I find this ship needs a lot of rudder control on TO/land
Old Jan 11, 2017, 05:37 PM
Find More Posts by parajared
Cool stuff BC,
looking forward to seeing the footage.
Hey wait just a darn a minute, are we allowed to call you BC any more, look at that location! Welcome to the United States WASaltchucker. Hope you like our new president lol.
Last edited by parajared; Jan 11, 2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 05:49 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by parajared View Post
Cool stuff BC,
looking forward to seeing the footage.
Hey wait just a darn a minute, are we allowed to call you BC any more, look at that location! Welcome to the United States WASaltchucker. Hope you like our new president lol.
nah I just sleep in the woods of Forks after Twilight. Wasn't sure how to not enter my real location, some 100 miles away from Forks in a different country Hey but I do spend a couple months a year in Aridzona also (Tucson).
Old Jan 13, 2017, 02:36 AM
Find More Posts by Thecheesemiester
Failing at FPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMRTIC View Post
I'm looking to get a new pair of FPV goggles that have head tracking capability. I was going to have my current pair of Fat Sharks upgraded with it but the factory said they couldn't. Can anyone recommend a good pair that is also a good bargain?
i have the Spectrum/Fatshark Focals and they are great. they also have wireless head tracking if you have a spectrum transmitter.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 07:20 PM
fly by night
Man this flying with live HD is something you guys gotta experience. esp with super wide 70 degree Headplay HD goggles

(yeah yeah, prop out of balance. easy fix to get rid of jello I think)

MIA-STK-FPV HD remaiden (1 min 51 sec)
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:29 AM
Find More Posts by CurrentDude
Flying is Electrifying
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSaltchucker View Post
Man this flying with live HD is something you guys gotta experience. esp with super wide 70 degree Headplay HD goggles

(yeah yeah, prop out of balance. easy fix to get rid of jello I think)

https://youtu.be/Rn3CNQjMOuk
Wha happened in the end??? Missed the runway by a short margin? Liked the vid.

Hope model is ok.

Cheers
Old Jan 14, 2017, 03:22 PM
fly by night
yeah from the goggles I couldn't really see how rough and coarse the rocks were where I was aiming. I should have been focused on hitting the centreline of the runway. no real damage, flew a few times yesterday. Guess I could have edited in one of my cleaner landings .. but then Fail videos is what ppl want,, lol!
Last edited by BCSaltchucker; Jan 14, 2017 at 05:32 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 04:54 PM
Flying is Electrifying
Quote:
yeah from the goggles I couldn't really see how rough and course the rocks were where I was aiming. I should have been focused on hitting the centreline of the runway. no real damage, flew a few times yesterday. Guess I could have edited in one of my cleaner landings .. but then Fail videos is what ppl want,, lol!
Yeah, we learn from our mistakes to gain experience--- a wise man said

When you've the chance, please show us a clean landings vid. One could be title as "Before" and another one "After" gaining experiences...

Cheers
Old Jan 14, 2017, 05:33 PM
fly by night
gaining experience .. hehe. I have been flying RC planes off and on since 1980. Heck I also fly fullsize planes (PPL)
Old Jan 14, 2017, 09:01 PM
Find More Posts by flyerjohn
You just had to show us that video. Didn't you?

Really nice.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 05:53 AM
Flying is Electrifying
Quote:
gaining experience .. hehe. I have been flying RC planes off and on since 1980. Heck I also fly fullsize planes (PPL)

He ...he... perhaps a missing word is needed to add in my sentence such as ...gaining experience in "FPV " flying

Yeah, can't wait to see your "Before & After" vids so that we can compare and contrast... LOL

Cheers
Old Jan 15, 2017, 12:49 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentDude View Post
He ...he... perhaps a missing word is needed to add in my sentence such as ...gaining experience in "FPV " flying

Yeah, can't wait to see your "Before & After" vids so that we can compare and contrast... LOL

Cheers
been flying FPV for 6 years now too - it's really my main love. Don't do LOS any more, and hardly fly the Cessnas any more either. loving the FPV.

here's a video I made a couple years ago. flown maybe 30 different FPV planes in the last few years. with .. ahem .. clean landings (and much harder to land machines)

KatanaMD FPV with CCD (3 min 28 sec)

and 3 years ago

Albatros FPV in Spring (4 min 19 sec)
Old Jan 15, 2017, 04:34 PM
Find More Posts by flyerjohn
Great video BC. That HD connect looks great. I'm setting up my HK Slowstick for fpv. Going cheap for now. Do you use OSD and flight controllers and all that stuff too? I'm new to this and the whole thing is a little overwhelming. I think I would rather spend the money on great in flight video than on long range stuff.
Last edited by flyerjohn; Jan 15, 2017 at 05:06 PM.