Feb 11, 2015, 04:36 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Yup I went through the same exercise myself. The confusion for me was that Google Earth happily reads the logfile but doesn't recognise the individual values (in that format) if you type them into the search field!
yep. this is because OpenTX companion converts GPS data from what is saved to what is accepted by Earth during data transfer between these 2 programs. At least I believe so.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 11, 2015, 04:40 PM
That makes sense.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Feb 11, 2015, 04:49 PM
Harrison Ford Flight School
Anyone heard about production dates for the Horus X12D? I want one NOW!!
Feb 11, 2015, 05:09 PM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sac D
Anyone heard about production dates for the Horus X12D? I want one NOW!!
I am cooperating with them on GUI design. You can check it under Developers -> Project -> Horus X12D -> GUI thread on FrSKY forum. Still, there is no specified release date. I can assume that it would take a long time to finish and polish everything. Moreover, this radio would not be designed for OpenTX but would have a possibility to run unofficial firmwares. OpenTX team would have to go a long way to incorporate all hardware that would be inside and only in case if they would agree that it is worthy to try. Therefore, I don't really know how many people here would prefer new TX over Taranis.
Feb 11, 2015, 05:16 PM
Fly,Crash, Burn,Fix, repeat
Yep, if it don't have openTX I won't be getting it. It looks nice and something like I would move up to but without OpenTX it's not for me.

Gravy
Feb 11, 2015, 05:41 PM
The new console or tray based Taranis with OpenTx is due before the Horus, that seems like it may be a good hop up, if they are your preferred style of radio. I'm certainly keen to see more details about them.
Feb 11, 2015, 06:34 PM
Well the opentx guys seem like they are intending to do the Horus, time will tell I guess, might be a while though!
Feb 12, 2015, 03:34 AM
Mike
Anyway, I don't understand how one can say "if it's not openTX, I don't want it" without even knowing what will be in there
Feb 12, 2015, 03:45 AM
Happy FPV flyer

FrSky Taranis - 16 Channels, Full Telemetry, RSSI

Because whatever will be in there will for sure be distant enough from opentx to warrant it's existence in the first place?
They'll be making something for "the others". I don't think you can make something that pleases both groups.
Last edited by Kilrah; Feb 12, 2015 at 04:14 AM.
Feb 12, 2015, 04:31 AM
Mike
Is that speculations or facts ?
Feb 12, 2015, 05:12 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Purely speculation. I expect something similar to other mainstream radios like futaba or so. Of course with a few extra features thanks to the extra hardware.
Feb 12, 2015, 05:13 AM
Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by on4mj
Anyway, I don't understand how one can say "if it's not openTX, I don't want it" without even knowing what will be in there
because OpenTX (and similar firmwares) is the most attracting in Taranis. Most of the people choose Taranis because they know or heard of its tremendous functionality. And people get use to such unlimited features when using this TX. Many shift from other more expensive radios to get all possibilities that Taranis + OpenTX gives.

Strategy of building a proprietary firmware inside one company cannot compete with opensource (many developers) community. Even if such proprietary firmware would come close to existing opensource in terms of functionality and stability, it wouldn't be able to keep up.

I personally believe that Horus X12D would be a great product. But I am 100% sure that I want to see OpenTX as its unofficial firmware at least.
Last edited by Datos; Feb 12, 2015 at 06:13 AM.
Feb 12, 2015, 07:25 AM
http://rcsettings.com/index.php/view...ver-set-amount

updated dlg launch height lua on rcsettings with the auto offset for altimeter drift, it works perfect.
Feb 12, 2015, 07:36 AM
The Hyperion E-Meter stuff has been on sale for a while. As an example, one can get an LDU (current & voltage) + temp + brushless RPM sensor for less than $10. Anyone seen projects for interfacing these to SPort (or any other protocol) ?

Fred
Feb 12, 2015, 07:45 AM
The opentxsensor can output all those to s.bus from analogue inputs.

Quick Reply