Apr 04, 2013, 11:10 PM
i hope there's a version without the case and rx, i just want a radio.

this is cool though, it's actually real, finally.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 04, 2013, 11:20 PM
I just noticed that there are two different tension thingamobobs for the throttle -- one for smooth, and one for ratchet. Nice play -- this radio will be AC/DC ! But what kind of head is that on the tension adjustment (upper left corner)??

Apr 04, 2013, 11:50 PM
Crash Test Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott page
I just noticed that there are two different tension thingamobobs for the throttle -- one for smooth, and one for ratchet. Nice play -- this radio will be AC/DC ! But what kind of head is that on the tension adjustment (upper left corner)??

I zoomed in and it looks like a star head just recessed down a bit...
Apr 05, 2013, 12:03 AM
Thanks Wayne for kind effort to inform us.
keep looking over the Taranis from far east too. Anxious to order when it is available.
Apr 05, 2013, 12:27 AM
Wayne, it's 60 models on the EEPROM + infinite on an SD via the backup / restore function!
Apr 05, 2013, 12:43 AM
If replacing EEPROM with 512kb (64kB), does the software automatically switch model count to 120? Or need recompiling ?
Last edited by renatoa; Apr 05, 2013 at 01:09 AM.
Apr 05, 2013, 12:57 AM
Happy FPV flyer
The model count has been "artificially" limited to the number of available unique Receiver Match IDs (we could actually go to 64). The 64kB EEPROM that is fitted could easily hold probably twice as many.

If someone really needs more (seriously?!) he can always make it known
Apr 05, 2013, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilrah
The model count has been "artificially" limited to the number of available unique Receiver Match IDs (we could actually go to 64). The 64kB EEPROM that is fitted could easily hold probably twice as many.

So Receiver Match is can only handle 64 different receiver/models?!
Apr 05, 2013, 01:49 AM
Happy FPV flyer
Yep. Too little for you?? This is of course in addition to usual binding.
Apr 05, 2013, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Yep. Too little for you?? This is of course in addition to usual binding.
Thank you for the fast answer. I don't want to spark a discussion so I will just take it as information.

Just one more question: I assume that the RX saves a match ID that is allocated by the TX during the bind process. Does the protocol/receiver allow transmitting/saving match IDs that are >6bit or would be a change of the (non-open-source) RX firmware needed to change this in the future?
Apr 05, 2013, 02:28 AM
Happy FPV flyer
I don't know the detailed working, but yes having >6bit IDs would require changes to both the TX module and receiver firmwares.
Apr 05, 2013, 03:09 AM
christian theme park operator
Subbed.
Last edited by H2SO4; Apr 05, 2013 at 04:50 AM.
Apr 05, 2013, 03:25 AM
How does it balance on neck strap? With heavy nimh battery and neck strap connector above the switch, it seems impossible.
Apr 05, 2013, 03:26 AM
Quote:

In PXX protocol Rx ID is byte coded.
Apr 05, 2013, 03:27 AM

Info

Lots more info on the website:

http://www.frsky-rc.com/NewProducts/

Quick Reply