Mar 02, 2014, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the info man! will give it a shot.

Here's a link so that you can use the FTDI board instead of wiring it directly to the serial port

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1828207
Last edited by gta18; Mar 12, 2014 at 09:20 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2014, 11:07 PM
Can a USB to DB9 cable be used for this?
Jun 18, 2014, 12:29 PM
Yes
Jul 13, 2014, 09:30 PM
Hi, I post a question on an old topic with no answer, so posting also here...

I tried the procedure with a usb/com cable adapter and with a usb/TTL adapter plus a MAX232 inverter.

In both cases I received the same result... I can see the UID and when I press download it shows 2% progress and hangs...

Anybody had the same issue? Any suggestion to progress?

Thanks!
Aug 03, 2014, 10:22 AM

D8R-II Plus Firmware

I am looking for the firmware and flash tool to flash my D8R-II Plus but FRSKY-RC.COM is offline.

Is there someone that already downloaded these or can direct me to a page where I can download these.

I need these to get CPPM and RSSI

My email: [email protected]

Thanks

UPDATE: It was a DNS error. Find the files now. Thanks
Last edited by eskulaap; Aug 03, 2014 at 03:10 PM.
Aug 23, 2014, 02:12 PM
Hi, I don't know if I did something wrong, or the PC or the receiver is faulty, but I am unable to upload the code, I do not have the UID, no matter how I connect the receiver to the COM port (tx-tx, rx-rx or tx-rx, even tried 4 different cables, connectors).
Is there anything to do before I can do the described procedure?
Aug 28, 2014, 05:50 PM
just a quick post to thank original poster ( GTiDonavan ) I've just used this thread info to flash my FrSky D4R-II 4ch to allow 27ms timing for 8 channels over CPPM

flashing guide at http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...Post%3A1001090 suggests FTDI cable with inverted signal but going direct to the serial port worked without a hitch

many thanks!
Sep 12, 2014, 03:24 PM
Noob
Ditto...
Nov 27, 2014, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ilver
just a quick post to thank original poster ( GTiDonavan ) I've just used this thread info to flash my FrSky D4R-II 4ch to allow 27ms timing for 8 channels over CPPM

flashing guide at http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/...Post%3A1001090 suggests FTDI cable with inverted signal but going direct to the serial port worked without a hitch

many thanks!

Draw or write a connection diagram for d4r-II please. I would like to do same thing and don't know how. Did You put a jumper between any channels before powering on receiver?
Nov 29, 2014, 07:13 AM
a.d.m.i.n
Can I use CPPM also on:

- Frsky D8R v2
- Frsky D8r-II (not plus)

??

Does anyone knows what's the difference between these models ?

Thanks in advance
Jan 15, 2015, 09:48 AM
did anyone able to did this correct?
Feb 20, 2015, 03:20 PM

cannot find frsky software

I cannot find the FRSky Update tool software anyware.
I have looked on the frsky site but it seems to illude me.
If anyone has a direct link please post it or give me instructions on how to get it and what they call it.
Feb 21, 2015, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkndls40
I cannot find the FRSky Update tool software anyware.
I have looked on the frsky site but it seems to illude me.
If anyone has a direct link please post it or give me instructions on how to get it and what they call it.
awake... can you find the update tool inside the zip file....

http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/vie...re-D8R-XP_27ms
Feb 22, 2015, 08:02 PM

Almost there but not quite!!

I have everything I need and the program sees the receiver but it hangs at the 2% and never goes on. Has anyone found a solution to this? I have seen a few people experiencing the problem but I cannot find the solution.
Feb 23, 2015, 01:50 AM
This usually happens from drivers not enough polished for 64 bits machines.
I always use a real COM on an old XP machine for flashing stuff using serial line.
USB adapters and 64bit post XP OSes are simply not reliable enough.

Quick Reply