This thread is privately moderated by 7oneWo1f, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 04, 2013, 12:07 AM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
Thread OP
Mini-Review

Torque 4016T 500KV repair after crash

Motor repair
I had a crash last year, and didn't realize that the Torque 4016T/500kv (V1) motor was out of balance until I put it on my Extreme Flight Edge, with a prop, and spun it up.

Liberty10 and bryansifsof44 , members here on RCgroups, mentioned and recommended that I send it to Ken at Subsonic planes. Since I have too many airframe builds going on, including my first gasser, I thought that was a great idea.

So I ordered the spare parts from Extreme Flight RC (in stock--gotta love Extreme Flight), and sent the parts and the motor off to Ken, after discussing how the inspection and repair would go via email.

And, licity split, I just got the repaired motor back. I think the total time away was about a week. I am pretty sure I could have done the repair (Iíve done similar repairs in the past) but probably not as quickly. Ken also has an ability to rebalance the bell if necessary, which Iíve not done, so there was that additional insurance.

Overall, this was a real time saver. Based on the fact that he fixed a motor that competes with his own line of motors, I do have to mention that it was classy that he agreeded to repair the torque motor. I always order Torque motors and Airboss ESCs with my Extreme Flight planes and have been nothing but pleased with their performance, but I will definitely give Ken's motors a try if I get another brand's plane and am short a motor. But an Extreme Flight plane deserves a torque motor and airboss ESC.

It turns out that my Torque motor shaft was bent, and the front bearings were damaged in the crash. He replaced the bearings and shaft, as well as the shaft collar. It looks like he did a top notch job. So, if you have an out of balance motor in need of repair, I add my name to the list of people who recommend contacting Ken at Subsonic planes to see if he will repair your motor.

Anyway, I run torque and airboss in my Extreme Flight planes, but it is nice to find an expert who will repair and balance them.

As always, this review was unrequested, and I received no compensation for it. It is a real review by a real RC hobbiest who spent his own money, and considering the value of Ken's time, it is well deserved.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply