Apr 03, 2013, 03:10 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

FreeFly Systems Movi Brushless Gimbal System

Yup! Just announced today. To my knowledge most of this was shot on a Canon 1dc which is not a small camera. I can't wait to get one!

https://vimeo.com/m/63260643

Josh
to remove ads between posts
Apr 03, 2013, 04:38 PM
Suspended Account
That video looks amazing. Any idea on pricing? I am afraid that Quadrocopter is going to want my 1st born for this system. My guess is at least $5000, what do you think?
Apr 03, 2013, 04:50 PM
Pants first, then shoes
$5k or more Im guessing. Its aimed at high end filming and has the ability to handle up to a 100mm lens.
Apr 03, 2013, 05:41 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacky
$5k or more Im guessing. Its aimed at high end filming and has the ability to handle up to a 100mm lens.
You are right, $7500 to $10,000 which is a no go for me. It would not be fun flying with so much to lose if something went wrong. Some of my best videos were made with a 450 and a Go Pro.
Apr 03, 2013, 06:24 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsEyeProd
Yup! Just announced today. To my knowledge most of this was shot on a Canon 1dc which is not a small camera. I can't wait to get one!

https://vimeo.com/m/63260643

Josh
Josh,

Why dont you get one now?!
Apr 03, 2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
I thought the "normal" FreeFly Gimbal supports already a 100mm lens!? I saw this one video where they were using 150mm!? (The one in the woods where they also used a Red)...
Apr 03, 2013, 06:49 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa
I thought the "normal" FreeFly Gimbal supports already a 100mm lens!? I saw this one video where they were using 150mm!? (The one in the woods where they also used a Red)...
This Gimbal has Brushless Motors
Apr 03, 2013, 06:54 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro
Really?. I assumed they were stepper motors but if they are brushless motors it will give DJI zenmuse a fright. Also if its brushless motors then maybe the price could be under 5k?
Apr 03, 2013, 07:12 PM
I'll wait for RCTimer to put out a clone for $1000
Apr 03, 2013, 07:33 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyfeldman
I'll wait for RCTimer to put out a clone for $1000
Yeah but you buy a clone gimbal from rctimer and they send you a rc car by mistake
Apr 03, 2013, 10:31 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarro
I know this is a brushless Gimbal. I was replying to someone saying that THIS one now can mount a 100mm lens and I simply tried to point out, that the "old" 3 axis gimbal by FreeFly was used to shoot some pretty cool footage, using a long lens! Here is the "old" or if you want to call it "current" gimbal:

http://www.freeflysystems.com/produc...xis-gimbal.php

and here is the movie they shot with it:

CineStar 3 Axis Gimbal (3 min 43 sec)

When you read the description, it will tell you what equipment they used... I can only assume that they used the Sony Lens that comes with the camera. It is 4 inches long it weighs 524g. My Canon 100mm Macro Lens is 4.8 inches long and weights 100g more. I would think that .8 inches and 100g is not that big of a deal?! But I guess I will find out soon! My FreeFly "clone" is sitting here, just waiting for my Smooth Gimbal Controller...

thanks,

G
Apr 03, 2013, 10:39 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Yeah but you buy a clone gimbal from rctimer and they send you a rc car by mistake
I only ordered from them once and did not have any problems at all! Shipping was fast and I got exactly what I ordered! They actually changed my order, on my request and promptly offered me a refund for the difference!

thanks,

G

p.s. I used google translate sometimes to translate from English to Chinese... maybe that made a difference?! : )
Apr 11, 2013, 05:49 AM
Anyone know what motors could be used on this ? Considering the weight of the cameras it can handle.
Apr 11, 2013, 06:00 AM
According to one of the videos they are using in house F45 motors made custom by freefly. now weather thats true or they just rewound them or something remains to be seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxeomni
Anyone know what motors could be used on this ? Considering the weight of the cameras it can handle.

Quick Reply