RadioLink GY100 AVCS gyro - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 02, 2013, 10:08 PM
Mini-Review

RadioLink GY100 AVCS gyro

http://www.radiolink.com.cn/docc/product-detail-51.html

GY100 gyro, light weight, small size, is designed for model helicopters development and design of high-performance AVCS (Angular Vector Control System) lock Gyro. Order GY100 better to work for your helicopter, we recommend that you used in conjunction with the Futaba S9257 servos as your rudder servo.

[ Speal from radiolink ]

Radiolink Electronic Gyro GY100 FLYING TEST VEDIO (4 min 36 sec)

[ Product video ]

Now , having killed off 2 of my gyros due to blade strikes , when I had a oops moment ( been a while now ) several months ago , well actually both gyros suffered several strikes as I learned . Whats important is they became faulty and did not work well any longer ..

So I was in the market for a new gyro , so buy more of the same , or try something new . Obviously my curiosity won out , and I got me a new gyro .

What I like ...

Its small , about half the size of a 401B or less , so easy to set up , No insane tail wag ( HK401B ) , in fact the only adjustment I needed to make was on the limit , to limit servo travel , I turned it in all the way to 0 and its close , still slight over travel , but very minor , ill fix that with rates from the Tx ..

Currently sensitivity is @ 75% and looks like I can go higher , thats with a Cheap Nasty servo on the tail ( Im impressed )

After test flying the gyro , I have to say its a decent gyro , I havent pushed the sensitivity higher yet , but the gyro does hold the tail relatively well , is very easy to set up , and with the flick of a switch , sensitivity can be set at the Tx or on the Gyro , now does that mean you dont need Chn5 ? ( like the Detrum GY192 )

Anyhow , the test flight was on a windy day , and the tail held really well considering the conditions ...

Well , Im tempted to get another , its small ( small enough for a 250 ) , very easy to set up , and works .. And does not seem to be servo sensitive ..

Decently Priced
Physically Small
Easy to Set up
Works
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply