Jan 07, 2004, 12:52 AM
* iStar & PinkStar *
Thread OP
Yippee!

GWS Me-109 - another one

Seems like I am posting lots of pictures and clips recently (F3A PinkStar). Might as well share my GWS Me-109 pictures with everyone.

Stock EPS 300C-C 8x720AAA Nimh, 2 GWS pico+, 1x9g servos, Hitec 555 without case, ICS-100. AUW (without landing gear): 13.7 oz.

Flies Great!

Martin
to remove ads between posts
Jan 07, 2004, 01:00 AM
* iStar & PinkStar *
Thread OP

Another one

Great flyer!!

If you have one, try to adjust cg to your liking. It will reward you with a fantastic flying machine.
Last edited by MartinChou; Jan 07, 2004 at 01:10 AM.
Jan 07, 2004, 01:16 AM
* iStar & PinkStar *
Thread OP

Flying picture

Taken from a video clip.
Jan 07, 2004, 01:52 AM
Closed Account
Looks terrific. Can you post the video clip?
Jan 07, 2004, 08:26 AM
ENVY!! Ok, thats it, I've got to get one. Now all I have to do is finish the Zero sitting in the box downstairs...
Jan 07, 2004, 10:46 AM
but it's a nice obsession
Beautiful paint job Martin!

Jon
Jan 07, 2004, 11:03 AM
Crash happens! :)
Nice one Martin. What prop are you using on yours?
I must not be to good a builder becuase mine came in at over 15 1/2 ounces. I am also using the 300 motor on mine. I maidened it Sunday and only got two flights in. It was to cold to fly. Plus I think with the extra weight from the paint has mine tail heavy. I need to adjust it and add some nose weight to it to get it balanced better.

When I flew it was really bright because of the snow. I quickly found that it was hard to keep the orientation on my plane. With it having matching yellow on the nose and tail, plus top and bottom of both wing tips made it hard to keep it pointed in the right direction. I don't have any in flight pics but here she is before the maiden.
Jan 07, 2004, 11:04 AM
Jan 07, 2004, 01:48 PM
* iStar & PinkStar *
Thread OP
Thanks, everyone. Arrow, yours looks good, too.

This GWS Me-109 is a winner. No matter how you paint it, it looks great. I used arcylic paint bought from WalMart, with water color mixed to the color I like. I spent three hours just to mix the color. Worth the effort, though.

The decals weight a bit, I should have trimmed them down. Other than took out the landing gear, I did not take any action to reduce the weight. AUW 13.7oz. Even with landing gear, it flew "scale-like". I will see if I can upload a clip or two soon.

Oh, I use 8x720AAA NiMh with original EPS300C-C. According to the designer, you need to switch to 9x7. 10x8 will overload 300-C.

Jan 07, 2004, 01:56 PM
* iStar & PinkStar *
Thread OP
Also, my cg ended up about ~5-10 mm "after" the recommended position. (Right at the "S" mark" in the picture.) I believe because of the nature of the foam, not all Me-109 are the same. The wing incidence as well as the tail incidence would affect your optimal cg location. Spend time on cg as well as the aileron "drop", you will be amazed.
Jan 07, 2004, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone,
Just for fun, here is another shot of mine
Jan 07, 2004, 04:39 PM
"Spend time on cg as well as the aileron "drop", you will be amazed."

What if I may ask is aileron drop. I did add stickers to mine since the pics were taken which does mke it loo better. Had a couple come off though from landing it in the snow.
Jan 07, 2004, 07:01 PM
* iStar & PinkStar *
Thread OP
Hi, Buku. Yours is a beauty. What are stats? AUW, etc.

What I meant by wing "drop" is the angle of aileron when it is neutral. You don't want any "drop" (as flap) in them. Mine had a slight drop for the first few flights and it was scary to slow down (even with forward cg!) Again, it is all part of the wing-tail-incidence, YMMV.

Will post two video clips soon.

Jan 07, 2004, 07:20 PM
* iStar & PinkStar *
Thread OP

Video posted

Two clips and one new picture posted in the gallery. One with gear, one without. All with stock EPS300-C motor.

http://rcgroups.com/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=5846

Hope you like them.

Jan 18, 2004, 04:25 PM
Capt. Dennis
hi there.

just wondering what the diameter is on the wheels is, and if its difficult to mount retract.gears on GWS Me-109.

Firts post at this Forum.

Quick Reply