Apr 07, 2013, 10:16 AM
Old skool speed freak!
Thread OP
I see 20 sw at the slot right now, Gone flying!

It is 20 sw right now at 10 am, partly sunny!
Last edited by vinmech; Apr 07, 2013 at 12:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 07, 2013, 02:32 PM
Old skool speed freak!
Thread OP
Good news sorta, found one and a quarter servos and the bottom case of Rx.
And right side wing connector and magnet.
Notice the guts(circuit board and pot) from the pulverized servo
Rx board is still Mia, it's toast! Lol
Apr 07, 2013, 03:56 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Hey Mike,

Are you up there now?(2pm.) How's the conditions... not sure if I can get away to head up there, but might decide to "drop everything" and head up if conditions are good. I've never been up to the Slot before... could be a good day to break it in!

Thanks, and cheers!

Rob
P.S. good find, by the way...
Last edited by robh; Apr 07, 2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: added "ps"
Apr 07, 2013, 04:58 PM
Old skool speed freak!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by robh
Hey Mike,

Are you up there now?(2pm.) How's the conditions... not sure if I can get away to head up there, but might decide to "drop everything" and head up if conditions are good. I've never been up to the Slot before... could be a good day to break it in!

Thanks, and cheers!

Rob
P.S. good find, by the way...
Yeah, I was, lol
Getting ready to leave, getting a little blown out now, 35-40, not much lift.
Maybe next time?

Mike R
Apr 14, 2013, 08:10 PM
tpczx6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmech
Tim was hauling the mail today on the hill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaIkW...e_gdata_player
Just seen this today. That was my 1st day at the slot with the FS3, I need to find the right kind of turn on base B to keep speed up. Plane is alot faster then my NYX but in the bumps my NYX still holds on better.

Went to Davenport Today with both planes full load on both planes today 20+ NW flew from 10am till 3:30pm I think I have my starts down for this years ISR.
Apr 14, 2013, 08:20 PM
Old skool speed freak!
Thread OP
[QUOTE=Went to Davenport Today with both planes full load on both planes today 20+ NW flew from 10am till 3:30pm I think I have my starts down for this years ISR.[/QUOTE]

Sweet Tim!
I was at the Slot today from 830 till 11am this morning. Got some more practice in on the speedo and F3F. 20 to 25, slightly bumpy and thermally.
I'm happy!
I wanted to go to the coast, but had honeydoos this afternoon

Tomorrow is supposed to be honking!!

Mike,
Apr 14, 2013, 08:38 PM
tpczx6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmech
Sweet Tim!
I was at the Slot today from 830 till 11am this morning. Got some more practice in on the speedo and F3F. 20 to 25, slightly bumpy and thermally.
I'm happy!
I wanted to go to the coast, but had honeydoos this afternoon

Tomorrow is supposed to be honking!!

Mike,
I have a work site in Daly city on Monday just might have to pack a plane with me as i will be 1 mile from the coast
Apr 14, 2013, 11:18 PM
Steve and I met at the Slot at 4:00. It was howling around 40 mph. Just before I got ready to launch Steve's first flight we felt it get stronger. Just after I launched him I check with my meter, 50 steady with a gust to 58! Crazy. I had the old Ceres wound up faster than I've ever seen it go. I flew once, Steve twice and we decided it was better to go home with both planes in one piece...
Apr 15, 2013, 12:08 AM
Old skool speed freak!
Thread OP
I don't doubt it Shawn, lol
Sounds like fun Tomorrow should be interesting
Time for Jart+Ballast!

But work before play unfortunately
Apr 19, 2013, 07:47 PM
What's ISR? I've met the Inland Slope Rebels at the PSS fest. Are they hosting the event you guys are preparing for?
I'm interested to check out a race event sometime, if not at the slot, wherever an event is held in the Bay Area.
Dave
Apr 19, 2013, 08:27 PM
F3J-F3K-F3F- What to Fly??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick Point
What's ISR? I've met the Inland Slope Rebels at the PSS fest. Are they hosting the event you guys are preparing for?
I'm interested to check out a race event sometime, if not at the slot, wherever an event is held in the Bay Area.
Dave
http://www.davenportisr.com/

International Slope Race
Apr 19, 2013, 09:15 PM
Tick Point, the ISR is MOM 3 planes in the air at a time held once a year down in Davenport just north of Santa Cruz.

We are racing F3F at the Slot this Sunday if you want to come race or spectate. First time racers fly for free, AMA mandatory.
Apr 19, 2013, 09:56 PM
Old skool speed freak!
Thread OP
Good air for practice tomorrow at the slot, anyone going?
May 12, 2013, 03:08 PM
Old skool speed freak!
Thread OP

Yeeehaaww!!!

It's yeehaaww time at the slot!!
30-35 SW!!
Can you say b.a.l.l.a.s.t.?

Come on up, having a good time

Mike R
May 12, 2013, 11:49 PM
MCS / NCSS / SVSS / LSC / SAM
Great to hear you had a good time at the Slot today and you are getting in some flying:-)

Quick Reply