This thread is privately moderated by sky_surfer_fra, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 30, 2013, 03:17 AM
Always looking for lift...
Thread OP
Discussion

Elixir refurbishment

I really like the Elixir from Topmodel CZ.

Specifications:
wing span: 3200 mm
length: 1550 mm
weight: 3,1 kg
wing load ~45g/dm2

Easy to fly, very forgiving, pretty good performance for this price segment, nice silhouette in air.
It's my most flown glider (I guess).
If I ever should loose this Elixir I would by another one for sure. But not the ARF version. Only the ARC version to use he high quality Oracstick film.

After flying the Elixir three seasons, often at the slope, she needs some refurbishment.
Especially the film has to be replaced as the wing is blistered again few minutes after every "recover" ironing . Film was not good from the first day. It was definitely no Oracover.

Goals for this (March/April 2013) refurbishment:
  • reduce flap tolerances
  • new cover with Orastick film
  • new battery
  • repair rudder slit
  • reduce aileron distortion
  • silicone hinges for ailerons
Last edited by sky_surfer_fra; Mar 30, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply