This thread is privately moderated by tailskid2, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 30, 2013, 12:19 AM
Discussion

Glassed with Eze-Kote

I guess it is about time I at least spell the name of the product correctly It is Eze-Kote.

Anyway here are the results:

Bare framework or wood:

930g; 32.7 oz.

After one coat of Eze-Kote (brushed on and sanded very lightly):

950g; 33.7 oz.

Glass (Sig .75oz cloth) and attached with one coat of Eze-Kote:

1020g; 35.9 oz.

So you can see the .40 sized Dragon Lady gained 90g or 3.2oz. Now I will have to add one more coat, maybe two before I add some 'primer' (that's so I can see all my bumps and Bo Bo's). I'm thinking now of using some HobbyPoxy paint - I still have a couple of cans left and one gallon of thinner (three other gallons have evaporated in the sealed cans; well they weren't sealed that good I guess). Wife wants a Blue and Green color scheme....something with starbursts on the wing - going to have to do some head scratching for a pattern on the fuse and tail feathers.

Speaking of the tail feathers, they are not attached to the plane yet - I'll prime and sand them first as it is easier to do while flat on the bench as opposed to being sanded while glued in place. I noticed the bottom front hatch that fits ahead of the wing isn't in place yet either; might have to read the 'destructions' as to why that wasn't glued in place already; bet it has something to do with the tank.

I am impressed with the drying time of the Eze-Kote; by the time you finish with one coat on everything, you can lay on another coat (sanding in between). I've used up about 1/2 of the 500ml container. Oh, I spilled some on a towel last night and boy it that spot is very hard today!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2013, 07:01 AM
Crasher
The dragn lady gained weight! Hahaha
Ok, have you tried other stuff like polyutherane or polycrilic?
Which one is better?
Oct 06, 2013, 04:29 PM
No, but I 'usually' use epoxy with my cloth....I don't think I'll go back to them that's for sure.