Mar 29, 2013, 02:27 PM
Thread OP
Question

9rx with Frsky module .. should I upgrade to DIY Frsky Tx?

Hello guys,
I have used my trusty FlySky 9x for quite some time now together with a FrSky Telemetry System DFT + D8r.

Today I've seen a video on how to build a new Tx FrSky DIY system into the 9x.

Installing the FrSky 2.4GHz DIY kit in a HobbyKing Turnigy 9X radio (27 min 52 sec)

Would you guys recommend an upgrade to this Tx?
to remove ads between posts
Mar 29, 2013, 04:04 PM
65 years of RC flying
If I understand correctly, you are already using an FrSky module (I think you must mean DJT, not DFT, which is the Futaba type and doesn't fit) and a D8R receiver.

Why would you see going to a DHT internal module as an upgrade? It does exactly the same thing as the DJT.
Mar 29, 2013, 07:58 PM
Thread OP
Hey Daedalus66,
thanks for your reply.
yes, I meant DJT. So no advantage in using the new internal module. I thought because of changed protocol...maybe.
Mar 29, 2013, 08:27 PM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCrash
Hey Daedalus66,
thanks for your reply.
yes, I meant DJT. So no advantage in using the new internal module. I thought because of changed protocol...maybe.
No, the two available protocols (V8 for non-telemetry and D for telemetry) are exactly the same. The only advantages of the DHT are that it's internal (you could have two different modules and switch between them) and that it hooks up to a non-module transmitter.

By the way, there are all sorts of interesting things arriving from FrSky, including new transmitters, long range systems for FPV, and 16 channels.

You may have already noticed that the V8 protocol is on the way out. Even the non-telemetry receivers in the new generation have the option of binding on the D setting.
Mar 30, 2013, 09:02 AM
Actually, the DHT module is a board from Futaba DFT modules, uncased and wrapped instead.
Jul 07, 2013, 02:59 AM
RC Warjet
Getting back into RC after 10 years off, still have my Futaba 9Z and 8U working great, but am slowly moving into 2.4. I bought an 8U with an internal Corona 2.4 module and 3 rx's, an 8U with Frsky DFT and 2 rx's, and just got a Turnigy 9X v2 with 6 rx's. I have been reading about using a Frsky module in the 9X to get telemetry and better range/reliability. Question: is that swap really worthwhile? If so, which Frsky "DXX" module do I get?

Quick Reply