Jan 06, 2004, 01:55 PM
Thread OP

interactive toy concepts = junk

got their sky-flyer given to me as a gift. It is put together so poorly that it will never fly.

control is so intermittant that ive never gotten the motors to run more than a half second or so.

Ive tested it at every range from 0 to 100 ft

i dont expect much from a foamy, but my folks apparently paid $80 for this piece of junk.

several weeks of calls to their "support line" (which sounds suspiciously like a nextel mailbox) and several emails to their company have gotten no results.

in short, dont waste your money on anything from interactive toy concepts, their products dont work & they have no intention of making good on them.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2004, 02:02 PM
Just fly the darn wing!!!
Welcome to to RCGroups.

(sorry to hear about the junkpile)

Hey, give something else a try.
Jan 06, 2004, 02:15 PM
Thread OP
yea, i gotta say that it has piqued my interest in RC aircraft. Ive downloaded simulators & am getting pretty good at flying them.

if i can get a refund on this thing, i'll put the money towards something a lil nicer & maybe itll actually fly...

any suggestions on a cheap starter plane in the $100 range that will actually fly?
Jan 06, 2004, 02:21 PM
Just fly the darn wing!!!
There's not much choice with $100. I think your best bet would be a Firebird Commander. It really is a nice plane for the money.

If you can afford to put $50 on top of it, you would get a much better set though. The Hitec SkyScooter II usually retails for around $150 and includes parts that you could use later in different airplanes if you would want to. Also the Scooter is much more versatile than the Firebird ever will be.

But, like I said, for $100 get the Firebird Commander and fly it until you urge for more.

Dennis
Jan 06, 2004, 04:22 PM
plane stupid!!!!
I learned to fly on a firebird XL, it gets you to learn the basics
Jan 06, 2004, 04:24 PM
yeah...for $100, any of those RTF (ready fo flys) are a good option. (that's how I started). They're pretty easy to fly, and more crash proof that a lot of models out there. Make sure you have PLENTY of room to learn in and don't fly when it's too windy.

The main disadvantage with the RTF's is that if you do get hooked on the hobby, you can't re-use any of the parts. You have to start from scratch.
Jan 06, 2004, 05:45 PM
Redbilly Band Member
OzzieFlyer, surely tou meant to say" When you get hooked!"

chewd, Take a look at this radio combo for $70 http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/trans...ctId=rcs100f12
Balsa Products - Transmitters Receivers Servos - GW/RCS100 Radio System (F-Negative Shift)
Add this for $18http http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/motor...oductId=gws001
Balsa Products - Motors And Parts - IPS Systems. Get a few props too.
Search here for "free plans" or go to www. foamfly.com Spend $12 for frog plans. A great first plane!
Another $30 for a bundle of FFF. $10-$20 for glue,knife and tape.
And go have some fun for less than $150
Of course you'll need a charger...
Jan 06, 2004, 06:26 PM

I agree

You cant go wrong with the GWS gear to start out with. When you wish to move to a better transmitter like Hitech Eclips 7 you can use all the GWS gear with it. Also the FROG is great.... Many will say the same thing. Blue core / Fanfold is great forgiving and cheep. Dans planes are the best and there is many others out there when you have learned how to fly. My 2nd favorite is 3d now and Flatfoam has good planes and plans like Foamfly.
Get the Frog you will not be sorry. Call Dan at Foamfly and maybe he can put a good combo togeather for you and you can do one stop shop. He mails very quick to.
Have fun and welcome to the r/c group's
"Blacksheep"
Paul

Quick Reply