Battlefield 1942 - How do I drop the ramp?? - RC Groups
Jan 06, 2004, 01:49 PM

Battlefield 1942 - How do I drop the ramp??

I have been playing my new PC Game "Battlefield 1942" & have been trying Iwo Jima. However, when I drive the Landing craft onto the Beach, I can't figure out how to drop the Ramp? What key do I hit to drop the ramp? The book says to hit the "Up-Arrow" Key but that does nothing, am I missing something?

-Thanks-

Mike
Jan 06, 2004, 02:06 PM
Go into options-controls, and rebind the keys to whatever you want them to be. Also, you have to be in the drivers position to raise and lower the ramp. I don't remember which keys are the default. I always remap my keys, since I use the arrow keys for movement.
Jan 06, 2004, 02:24 PM
EDF Jet Jam 2017, June 15-18
I use the default keys....the "UP arrow" drops the ramp.

This game is best played on the net...it is really cool!
Jan 07, 2004, 07:28 AM
Nope:
The Up-Arrow does not drop my Ramp, I even went into Options Controls Setup & Has "Up-Arrow" listed as drop ramp. All I can do is try to clamber out of the ramp by climbing out which is difficult & a pain.

-Mike-
Jan 07, 2004, 07:59 AM
You have to stay in the position of the boat driver, and at this place, press the up arrow.

Then leave this position and exit.
Jan 07, 2004, 01:25 PM
Patrick:
Yes, I usually try to drop the ramp as I am driving the Landing Craft toward the beach & also after I hit the beach & when I push the "Up-Arrow" key, nothing happens. Then I have to try & climb out of the landing craft which is doable but is a pain & takes awhile of running & jumping.

-Mike-
Jan 07, 2004, 01:51 PM
Did you try to re-define the key for this action, to a different one then ?
Jan 07, 2004, 04:24 PM
Where's the CA?
I have them redefined to my side mouse keys and they work fine.