Jun 30, 2017, 05:22 AM
xfedex,

Maybe your buddy sent it to Radio South ?? They do that sort of work...

http://radiosouthrc.com/

PS--Did you get my PM reply a day or two ago ?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2017, 07:35 AM

Aurora 9 XPS

Juan, yea I got your pm, the Tranis. programming looks like more work than I want to do because I would be putting all 8 planes in it as soon as got it. I like the mixes that are already displayed, makes doing the mixes a lot easier, especially for my gliders. If Radio South did the convert then it was high$. So I will just order the module and put it in and fly. ..Tim
Jun 30, 2017, 07:43 AM

A9 module

Ok thanks Jim, it that kit listed in the online store? If so which one do I need to order? Is it hard to install? I will order as soon as I know what to buy, thanks Tim
Jun 30, 2017, 04:39 PM
Thread OP
Please see here:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...=XPS-A9UPGRADE

It does require drilling a hole through the XtremeLink module case AND the transmitter's plastic slot where the module sits. There are some installation pictures here in our vendor area.
Jul 02, 2017, 07:08 PM
Jim, I was looking online at the instructions for the nano and after reading most of them, I realized that I have been doing at least one thing wrong and that is when I put the XPS module in my Hitec Eclipse 7 that I did not remove the original antenna could that cause intermittent lose of control? Also had read but did not remember about the power setting and I don't know if it is set at 1 or 5. Is it possible to intervertebral change the power setting by not paying attention to how you power up the tx/rx? My ole trusty Harbor Freight Wild Hawk test plane went down twice about 75 yards out, and the 2nd time I could not find it in tall grass so I hollered back up the hill for my friend to rev up the motor to help me find it. I have a hot brushless Inrunner motor in it and it is loud, that's how I found it. One last thing is there a link to the instructions on installing the top mount antenna in my Aurora 9? The link you put in your last answer to me just took me back to the online store.....thanks, Tim. PS at 72, I am just not as sharp as I used to be but there is not a damn thing I can do about it but try harder not to screw up!
Jul 02, 2017, 09:41 PM
Jim,
What is the status of the Fasst S.bus receiver you were talking about a while back?
Pete
Jul 03, 2017, 03:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfedex
Jim, I was looking online at the instructions for the nano and after reading most of them, I realized that I have been doing at least one thing wrong and that is when I put the XPS module in my Hitec Eclipse 7 that I did not remove the original antenna could that cause intermittent lose of control? Also had read but did not remember about the power setting and I don't know if it is set at 1 or 5. Is it possible to intervertebral change the power setting by not paying attention to how you power up the tx/rx? My ole trusty Harbor Freight Wild Hawk test plane went down twice about 75 yards out, and the 2nd time I could not find it in tall grass so I hollered back up the hill for my friend to rev up the motor to help me find it. I have a hot brushless Inrunner motor in it and it is loud, that's how I found it. One last thing is there a link to the instructions on installing the top mount antenna in my Aurora 9? The link you put in your last answer to me just took me back to the online store.....thanks, Tim. PS at 72, I am just not as sharp as I used to be but there is not a damn thing I can do about it but try harder not to screw up!
Having the metal antenna in place won't cause a loss of signal. If you have made any changes to the transmitter module's programming, you could have change the power output. This would be easy enough to determine during a range test though. What range are you getting during the range test?

There are no instructions for installing the top-mount adapter for the A9. This is really meant for someone who really knows what they are doing and is not afraid of drilling holes in their module case and A9 case. There is no advantage to doing the top mount upgrade - it's strictly for looks, not performance.
Jul 03, 2017, 03:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2
Jim,
What is the status of the Fasst S.bus receiver you were talking about a while back?
Pete
The company that was making them refused to get the receiver FCC certified. We won't (and legally can't) sell anything that is not FCC certified.
Jul 03, 2017, 03:37 PM
I'm sorry to hear that
Have a great 4th of July!
Pete
Jul 03, 2017, 10:12 PM

A9 top mount antenna

Thanks for that info Jim, I believe my loss of signal was my transmitter. What is the default power setting on the nano if I reset it to factory settings? In reading the instructions it looks easier to reset rather than set the power setting. I am going to order the A9 module and the top mount kit and decide later if I want to use the kit. My A9X will be here Friday and I am looking forward to getting my XPS module for my A9. Have you been able to work on the 3216 any lately? I am still on the waiting list......I never give up, thanks, Tim
Jul 03, 2017, 10:13 PM

Range test

I will do a range test and let you know.....Tim
Jul 04, 2017, 10:57 AM
Thread OP
The Nano doesn't have a power setting. The power setting is only for the transmitter module. XPS is preparing to release a Kickstarter project, so all of my time has been set aside for doing that. We will be releasing a tiny thermal tracking system that can be used for drones, security cameras, etc.
Jul 04, 2017, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
The Nano doesn't have a power setting. The power setting is only for the transmitter module. XPS is preparing to release a Kickstarter project, so all of my time has been set aside for doing that. We will be releasing a tiny thermal tracking system that can be used for drones, security cameras, etc.
So that means that the transmitter is still destined to remain on the back burner ??
Jul 04, 2017, 01:14 PM
Thread OP
The transmitter is still in the queue of upcoming products (it hasn't been axed like other projects have been). As I have stated many times before, the market for a transmitter is extremely small compared to our other products. From a business stand point selling tens of thousands of something makes more sense than selling a few thousand of something, especially higher priced items. The R/C market in general is quite small compared to the other industries we develop products for.
May 10, 2018, 10:19 AM
Okay a few open source systems out and about fysky, xtreme power systems and such.
I am looking for some help with telem setup on an xtreme power system set up in a Multiplex Profi 4000.
Jim has posted the data but I am no programmer. All I want extra is a vario, Rx voltage is already there per Jim.
Have the Multiplex telem display on the way. Any takers?
Latest blog entry: Twist Photos

Quick Reply