Product progress... - Page 77 - RC Groups
Apr 20, 2017, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfedex
Hobby King is not the only one that Horizon will have to deal with, there is LemonRx(that I use a lot) and Heads Up RC that I know of and several others out there, there are even clones that look like a Spektrum receiver for sale on Amazone! It might turn out to be such a big undertaking that Horizon will just let it slide. In my little flying group there is at least 30 LemonRX receivers and we have only had one to go bad. They just had a price increase but they were $5.75 if you buy 5 at a time. I had one in a glider that got so far away I could not see it and a 14 year old boy had to fly it back for me. They work damn good, cheap and for small foamies is the way to go, so I guess time will tell as to what if anything will be done about it. We even have Hitec after market receivers that work good too.
I think you're worried over nothing as the release of the XPS transmitter is highly unlikely.....

I'll continue to use my old but trusted JR 9303 with XPS modules and receivers as they have been solid from day one.

My FrSky Taranis has been very solid for the past two yrs as well

Personally, I wouldn't touch Spectrum with a 10 ft pole . But of course , that just my opinion
to remove ads between posts
Apr 20, 2017, 09:48 AM

Worried, whose worried!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez
I think you're worried over nothing as the release of the XPS transmitter is highly unlikely.....

I'll continue to use my old but trusted JR 9303 with XPS modules and receivers as they have been solid from day one.

My FrSky Taranis has been very solid for the past two yrs as well

Personally, I wouldn't touch Spectrum with a 10 ft pole . But of course , that just my opinion
Juan, yea I felt the same thing about Spektrum, but to fly my 30 plus and counting foamies not counting 8 or so gliders I was using a Spektrum module in my 22 year old Futaba 8 UAF until it finally gave up the fight, I was forced to buy a DX8 and I liked it so much that I recently bought a DX18 for my high dollar planes and I like the hell out of both of them. I can not fault them
in any way. I have got to a point that I don't say what I ain't gona do anymore, 'cause I usually end up doing it......But at 72 I hope I can last long enough to see the "XPS3216" in my hands.........
Apr 20, 2017, 03:37 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Patents last typically 14 years from the date granted, but there can be exceptions. There are still several years left on at least their original patent for the dual frequency transmission (DSM). The model match and other patents were granted afterwards.
Apr 20, 2017, 04:48 PM

Patent

Well, that's ok, I still want a 3216 when they hit the market. I will fly my little foamies with Spektrum and LemonRx receivers and have all the fun I can stand. I have 12 Hitec receivers for my Aurora 9, so can use the 3216 for them if I want.......
Jun 10, 2017, 05:13 PM
Well, both of the radios I was using my XPS module in are having intermittent lose of control and I am in the market for a new 6 to 8 channel radio that will accept the Futaba module. Can anyone tell me what radio to buy so I can use my XPS module and my 8 XPS receivers. I would like to know the exact model transmitter to buy and if it is a good enough radio to last until the XPS3216 is available. Thanks for any info anybody can give me. Tim
Jun 10, 2017, 05:51 PM
RC Warjet
Quote:
FrSky Taranis ...... little learning curve because it's open source but the support on the forums is like no other !

Hate to say it but if you think there will ever be an XPS transmitter I'm afraid you are delusional
He needs a Futaba-module type, Taranis is a JR.
Jun 10, 2017, 06:02 PM
Give the "Futaba" module to the grand/kids to play with, then get this & this & never look back! ......
Jun 10, 2017, 06:03 PM
Foam abuser!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfedex
Well, both of the radios I was using my XPS module in are having intermittent lose of control and I am in the market for a new 6 to 8 channel radio that will accept the Futaba module. Can anyone tell me what radio to buy so I can use my XPS module and my 8 XPS receivers. I would like to know the exact model transmitter to buy and if it is a good enough radio to last until the XPS3216 is available. Thanks for any info anybody can give me. Tim
There is a sticky thread at the top of this forum that shows the supported radios by type.

Pat
Jun 10, 2017, 06:22 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
  • An FrSky Taranis X7 and an XPS JR module will only cost around $210.
  • An FrSky Taranis Plus (X9D Plus) and an XPS JR module will only cost $289
Either will run OpenTX.
Of course those prices don't include sales taxes or shipping charges.

I'm using a FrSky Horus running OpenTX with an XPS JR module in it and I no longer care if Jim ever releases his XPS3216 transmitter.

Pete
Jun 10, 2017, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warjet1950
He needs a Futaba-module type, Taranis is a JR.

Oops, my bad .....

He's still better off buying a Taranis and a new (or used) XPS JR type module..... then he can still use the 8 XPS receivers he already owns ....
Last edited by JuanRodriguez; Jun 10, 2017 at 06:42 PM.
Jun 10, 2017, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Oops, my bad .....

He's still better off buying a Taranis and a new (or used) XPS JR type module..... then he can still use the 8 XPS receivers he already owns ....
I'm thinking that as well.

I have an EVO12 that's been converted to XPS, but I also have a Taranis that I like a lot due to it's open programming which is somewhat similar to the "free form" programming of the EVO 12.

I know that some of the newer guys watching this thread live under the delusion that there will be an XPS3216 radio, but we who have been watching this for years and years... and years, know better.

I think the best deal going right now would be the Taranis with XPS module and RX's along with all the other XPS goodies. There's your "XPS3216" right there.
Jun 11, 2017, 11:08 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Please keep in personal comments to yourself. There will be an XPS transmitter.
Jun 11, 2017, 11:08 AM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeline
I have an EVO12 that's been converted to XPS, but I also have a Taranis that I like a lot due to it's open programming which is somewhat similar to the "free form" programming of the EVO 12.

I know that some of the newer guys watching this thread live under the delusion that there will be an XPS3216 radio, but we who have been watching this for years and years... and years, know better.

I think the best deal going right now would be the Taranis with XPS module and RX's along with all the other XPS goodies. There's your "XPS3216" right there.
I also have an EVO12 and an EVO9, both of which have XPS modules in them. But neither have seen the light of day since I bought my Taranis. I'll add that my Taranis hasn't seen the light of day since I bought my Horus and I can't imagine why I'd ever want to replace it. I have an XPS module and a Spektrum hack module (genuine DSMX) which work perfectly in my Horus so I can finally fly everything I own (except my DJI Mavic) with the same TX.

Pete
Jun 11, 2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Please keep in personal comments to yourself. There will be an XPS transmitter.
Please before i have to by another tx and learn yet another program system

sorry jim
couldn't resist
I have to many or your rxs to change
don
Jun 12, 2017, 10:28 PM
Well, I have been taking in all Ya'lls info and trying to decide how I am going to solve my radio problem and I guess the only radio that my XPS module is going to fit is, duh, a Futaba radio. I am thinking about sending in my 7 channel Hitec to get repaired, that would be the cheapest way to go. I have a friend who has a Turnigy 9 channel and tomorrow I am going to look at his radio and if I like it I may buy one then order a XPS JR style module. This would really be better because the 7 Hitec has limited programming and is only 7 channels. Thanks for all the advice ......Tim