Sep 10, 2015, 01:06 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNX211
I sometimes wish he'd hire a full time interpreter. As for the RFU, do the antennae have to be perpendicular and in different planes as recommended by other manufacturers?
yup, certainly recommended
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2015, 03:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
I sometimes wish he'd hire a full time interpreter. As for the RFU, do the antennae have to be perpendicular and in different planes as recommended by other manufacturers?
As stated on page 6 of the RFU manual:

Antenna Placement

The antenna leads can be flexed to fit your setup. DO NOT bend or flex the white tip of the lead. The white portion is the actual antenna and must remain perfectly straight for proper operation. Placing the antennas oriented 90 degrees from each other will yield the best reception. Always range check your installation!
Sep 10, 2015, 11:39 PM
Thermals, Tom
and in different planes?
Latest blog entry: Steak and Old Timers
Sep 11, 2015, 09:13 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
and in different planes?
90 degrees puts them on two different planes. if you're picky you can use an X10 and use another receiver to take care the third one

Sep 11, 2015, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfedex
Jim, when the whole thing is done does that mean that you will have time to work on the XPS3216?
Just a thought...if you had the upgrades available for say JR, Spektrum, etc. for the Nanos, I think that would in itself solve a large radio problem for many as I am on my Last 10X.
I have the XG14 waiting in the wings.

My screen just took a dump on my other 10X.
Sep 11, 2015, 02:36 PM
Thread OP
There is no way possible to make the Nano compatible with any other RF technology. JR DMSS and JETI both use the same RF technology as we do, so we could support those systems.
Sep 11, 2015, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yes, in conjunction with a few other things - like adding DMSS compatibility to the Nano.
I am confused then, what does this mean?
Sep 11, 2015, 05:24 PM
I am pretty sure he means the data stream, ie using the Nano in situations where a device such as the BeastX can take a single input from a Spektrum satellite rather than having to run all the individual servo channels. No?
Sep 11, 2015, 05:54 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
means making the Nano (and RFU) able to be receivers for JR DMSS radios. their protocol is almost an exact copy of XPS

Nano can already do BeastX things
Last edited by theKM; Sep 11, 2015 at 06:02 PM.
Sep 11, 2015, 05:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
means making the Nano able to be a receiver for JR DMSS radios. their protocol is almost an exact copy of XPS

Nano can already do BeastX things
Correct!
Sep 11, 2015, 05:57 PM
I have been away far too long. And I misread Jims comment, it didnt click he specifically said RF. Guess I need to make sure the Nano I have in my TRex is up to date, it is my first attempt at FBL.
Sep 11, 2015, 06:12 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Correct!
are you going to have a crack at Jeti also?
Sep 11, 2015, 11:55 PM
Thread OP
Doubtful. I really don't want to support JETI systems.
Sep 12, 2015, 12:25 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
fair enough
Sep 17, 2015, 05:15 PM
Build more, websurf less
Jim,

Are each of the two antenna leads on the RFU linearly polarized?

I want to get a feel for which direction the strongest signal is seen.

Thanks,

Paul

Quick Reply