Product progress... - Page 5 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Apr 14, 2013, 06:03 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Yes, you will have the ability to program each output port independently with a function. This is something that I am working on right now while waiting for the boards to arrive.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2013, 06:19 PM
PGR
PGR
Low AltiDude
PGR's Avatar
Excellent!

Pete
Apr 15, 2013, 07:43 PM
Registered User
Would it also work on Airtronics
Apr 15, 2013, 10:02 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
No, because Airtronics receivers do not have a serial data stream output.
Apr 26, 2013, 02:35 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Any updates Jim?
Apr 28, 2013, 01:22 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Yes, but not great news. The expander boards were finished, and pictures sent to me left me in shock... they were green, instead of blue that was ordered. Plastic cases (acetate) were cut wrong, and the labels were fit to the wrongly cut cases. So, I am trying to sort out the mess.
Apr 28, 2013, 10:18 AM
Registered User
Color would not be a big deal but the cut and label could be a problem
Apr 28, 2013, 11:57 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Color to me was a show stopper because I have always used blue boards as a recognition of products I create. But, if the cases don't fit (too small), then that is really a problem.
Apr 28, 2013, 05:39 PM
Registered User
E_ferret's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yes, but not great news. The expander boards were finished, and pictures sent to me left me in shock... they were green, instead of blue that was ordered. Plastic cases (acetate) were cut wrong, and the labels were fit to the wrongly cut cases. So, I am trying to sort out the mess.
could it be that your suppliers are from China? translation problems?
Apr 28, 2013, 06:38 PM
SailPlane'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Yes, you will have the ability to program each output port independently with a function. This is something that I am working on right now while waiting for the boards to arrive.
Could you give us some examples of functions that could be programmed into an output port.

Last weekend I went to an aero-tow event were we had large 1/3scale gas powered tow planes towing 1/3 scale scale sailplanes up and some of these sailplanes had five servos in each wing.

If there was ever a need for your channel expander board, that sailplane needed three of them. You should have seen the massive connector each wing had for all those servos.

In my mind, one function on a plane with 8 servos in the wings would be camber control. That is to change the trailing edge of the wing to adjust to different weather conditions.

So if this is what you mean by programing functions into output ports then I think you'll have a super product here.

I hope you have plenty of programming space built into the board. I got lots of ideas.

Carl
Apr 28, 2013, 08:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
theKM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cluft
Could you give us some examples of functions that could be programmed into an output port.

Last weekend I went to an aero-tow event were we had large 1/3scale gas powered tow planes towing 1/3 scale scale sailplanes up and some of these sailplanes had five servos in each wing.

If there was ever a need for your channel expander board, that sailplane needed three of them. You should have seen the massive connector each wing had for all those servos.

In my mind, one function on a plane with 8 servos in the wings would be camber control. That is to change the trailing edge of the wing to adjust to different weather conditions.

So if this is what you mean by programing functions into output ports then I think you'll have a super product here.

I hope you have plenty of programming space built into the board. I got lots of ideas.

Carl


...with the new expander, you could Y-lead the connection to the receiver/RFU and send that to each wing. put an expander in each wing and then program the output to be all the aileron/flap channels. You would probably want more than a standard servo plug for power, but if you changed the servo plugs to be, say, three pin micro-Deans connectors... this one plug is all that would be needed.
Apr 28, 2013, 10:00 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret
could it be that your suppliers are from China? translation problems?
Our suppliers are not from China.
Apr 29, 2013, 12:19 AM
Registered User
E_ferret's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Our suppliers are not from China.
in that case, shame on them for not understanding or following your exact instructions to the letter.
Apr 29, 2013, 05:05 AM
Registered User
twang's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew
Our suppliers are not from China.
Mexico?
Apr 29, 2013, 10:11 AM
JustFlying
rebell's Avatar
What does it matter. They got it wrong and that is a problem.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question Progress of skills, what order to learn progressively hard manuvers? learn2turn 3D Flying 20 Jul 22, 2011 11:42 PM
RBC Beaufighter (work in progress!, long progress) Stuart Warne Scale Kit/Scratch Built 10 Apr 13, 2003 09:33 AM