Apr 15, 2013, 02:45 PM
Different fly 4 different guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7
Yeah could be wrong but have a feeling they just posted trying to get their link added to direct people there. The fact that it states FP & 4ch in the title is enough clarity to know its not able to do 3d. Hope that's not the case but if so that's stooping pretty low. At least be honest and just say we have these in stock.
Um . . . Are you sure you have time for this . . . shouldn't you be reviewing the FBL90 ? . . .

I'm waiting . . . .

Done yet? . . . .

I really, really need to know how it compares to the FBL70. From James' review it would appear that one or the other (or both) need to be mine!

Done now? . . . .

regards . . . g
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2013, 03:02 PM
Team Drone Art
LOL

From what I see...the FBL70 is like a mSRX sized fixed pitch FlyBarLess.

And the FBL90 is like a mCPX sized fixed pitch FlyBarLess.

It sounds like you do need one of each. LOL
Apr 15, 2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon
LOL

From what I see...the FBL70 is like a mSRX sized fixed pitch FlyBarLess.

And the FBL90 is like a mCPX sized fixed pitch FlyBarLess.

It sounds like you do need one of each. LOL
So the FBL70 would be close to v911 size, and the FBL90 close to a v922 size?

I have been thinking about trying my first cp, something like the v922 or Master CP, but for some reason these little fp's intrigue me more. I don't know why but I do know that resistance is futile.

And for me, bigger is 'gooder'.

regards . . . g
Apr 15, 2013, 04:20 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo
I have been thinking about trying my first cp, something like the v922 or Master CP, but for some reason these little fp's intrigue me more. I don't know why but I do know that resistance is futile.

And for me, bigger is 'gooder'.

regards . . . g
The lower cost does make it difficult to resist vs a 922 or MCP. The good thing is it's not self stabilizing so you could use these lower cost birds for practice instead of something that cost more. That's the main reason why I myself want to get one of these even though I already have a SuperFP, MiniCP and MCP.
Apr 15, 2013, 06:03 PM
Engineering.
If there really is a WLtoys rebrand coming for these, do wait for it.
The HiSky FBL100 is $155 with the LCD TX. The WLtoys v922 is $95, with a BNF version being only $75.
If the FBL 70 ($98) and FBL 90 ($102) get the same price cut, the WLtoys versions would be around $60 for the LCD TX versions, and maybe even under $40 for the BNF.

This is one of the problems right now as well, feels stupid to get the FBL 70/90, for which you really should take the LCD TX, for $100, when the v922 $95. And then there is the HiSky FBL 80 at $110 complicating things as well.

When everything is about the same price, but no-one owns them all so they could be compared to each other, how should one be able to choose between them all?!
And no, while I would love to, my wallet can't handle getting them all :P
Apr 15, 2013, 10:20 PM
Took a few hours flying today. Will get the review up tomorrow.
Apr 15, 2013, 10:54 PM
kiwi power!
Thread OP
Quote:
Can't wait to see your review my friend! I love the FBL70 so much that if the FBL90 is anything like it, I'll have to buy a BNF (when it's available)
Apr 18, 2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
It's already 'tomorrow' three times here . . . .

regards . . . g
Apr 19, 2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo
It's already 'tomorrow' three times here . . . .

regards . . . g
Sorry about that. Finally had time to sit down and work on it. Finishing up will be up sometime by end of the day today.
Apr 19, 2013, 09:51 PM
What goes up...............
I see James has made nice comments about the HiSky X-6S programmable transmitter (as well as the FBL70). It appears this can save 6 models, so perhaps this is a good option to buy with one of these FP birds, then you can keep using it when you make the jump to CP later? That way you can buy a BNF WL Toys model to add to the fleet.

There's also a lot happening at present with getting the HT8 module sorted for 9x users. Since Daryoon arrived on the 922 thread the development pace has picked up dramatically!

Already having a V922, the 90 is interesting for me as I suspect that many of the parts are common. Looking forward to the review!
Apr 20, 2013, 12:30 AM
Review is up!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1876524

Sorry G, missed getting in yesterday by an hour and 25 minutes.
Apr 20, 2013, 09:02 AM
Team Drone Art
Thanks jlcamp7. I am sure it was "yesterday" in some parts of the world still.

Going to go read it now.
Apr 26, 2013, 03:17 PM
Ok i just droped the hammer and bought a fbl90 so i hope it goes well got it with the lcd tx. I know this is a new bird so can someone tell me some tame dual rates i have been wind surfing the v911 for a while but wanna do this one indoors as well.
Apr 28, 2013, 10:18 PM
Hey firstadam2k,

I think you will really enjoy the fbl 90. With that said it is going to be quite a different flyer than the v911. The v911 is a great flyer but also pretty easy on the sticks in my terms of FP heli's, so the 90 is going to be a little step up. I don't say that to discourage you as I don't think you'll have issues handling it, but just giving you a heads up. So with that in mind I would start off in a pretty wide open spot (outdoors over grass with no wind if possible) just to get the feel of how a fbl fp handles. I think maybe a good low rate setting would be around the 50 (halfway) point and then you can go from there. It seems like dropping too far on this helicopter actually makes it harder because giving it full stick won't turn quick enough if you go too far down on your rates. I hope that helps. If you have any questions let us know and we'll do our best to answer.
Apr 28, 2013, 11:10 PM
Thanks i figured it would be a good step between the v911 and a cp . Plus i can use the same radio on the v922 when i am rdy any idea what heli on phoenix 4 will be a close approximation to this heli. Its gonna take a bit to get here in the meantime so practice makes perfect.I also plan on getting a v949 as well so i am so liking to fly these micros. just wish the weather would be nice for a couple of days.

Quick Reply