This thread is privately moderated by grmis, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 25, 2013, 06:25 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

CRIUS AIO PRO + ArduplaneNG + Dynam HawkSky

Two days ago I did the maiden flight of my autopilot system:

- Plane: Dynam Hawk Sky
- Flight controller: CRIUS AIO Pro (v1, first batch sold by HobbyKing)
- Software: ArduPlaneNG (r268). I found a lot of useful informations on the blog of Jean-Louis Naudin.

- For the PID parameters, I took those given here for the bixler. However, because the plane is somewhat overpowered, I reduced to 50% the max throttle in auto mode, and set to 35% the cruising throttle.
- GPS: uBlox LEA6H
- Receiver: FrSky D4R-II in CPPM (PPM SUM) mode (single wire going to the CRIUS board). One just has to add ' #define SERIAL_PPM ENABLE ' in APM_Config.h, and the PPM_SUM line goes to the throttle input of the Crius board.

I tested the stabilize, fly-by-wire-A (FBWA), return to launch (RTL) and Loiter modes with success . With some wind blowing at 10-20km/h the loiter trajectory was not quite a circle, but ok. Otherwise the plane was stable and ArduplaneNG nicely managed the throttle to maintain the speed and altitude.

I am now waiting for a minimOSD to install the FPV gear back in the plane.
Last edited by grmis; Mar 27, 2013 at 11:26 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2013, 01:42 PM
Please have ready ArduPlaneNG for aircraft not flying wing?
Dec 20, 2013, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by strimss
Please have ready ArduPlaneNG for aircraft not flying wing?
Hi. I am not sure I understood your question... but, yes, ArduplaneNG works for aircrafts and flying wings.
Dec 21, 2013, 04:59 AM
Hello Give download ArduplaneNG.zip (rar) on Bixler? I can not https://code.google.com
Dec 21, 2013, 09:21 AM
It seems understood, ROLL and YAW must move together as did the firmware?

Quick Reply