Jan 05, 2004, 11:08 PM

Help with GWS power system

Hi guys,

I am just getting my feet wet in the small airplane stuff and the amount of information is almost overwhelming compared to the larger electrics.

I purchased a GWS IPSD A (dual drive A gear ratio) motor. I though it was the 7.2 version but it was the 4.8 volt version instead (my mistake). I planned on using two 1200 mah lipoly batteries on it.

My question is will the 4.8 motor handle the 7.4 Volts of the battery for any length of time? I see some people have used 6 cell nicads on the 4.8 volt motors, but will burn out on 7 cell nimh
Any prop suggestions?

Speed control is a pixie 7

Thanks

Dave
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2004, 09:52 AM
Foam rules
Prop it down to keep the amps down and don't use full much and it will last a little while. You can also re-wire it which will help. But for the most part go get the right motor package. They always burn out at the worst times.