Mar 25, 2013, 07:35 AM
I have a soldering iron.
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Syma S800G Mode-2/4-Select Mod + Dual Battery & Blade-Grip Metal-Support Mod

Small (35%):

Medium (70%)
Large (100%)

The method used for the mode-2/4-select modification is pretty much universal and can be done to most TX's.
Using same method on the vertical variable resistors, with a secondary button-switch, allows you to switch between left and right handed modes, 1/3 or 2/4, depending on the primary button-switch's position.

The blade-grip support-arm metal replacement mod consists of two pieces of metal rods, since space is needed for the inner shaft to fit between them. Drill the hole very carefully, to make sure that both rods will be even. I pressed the inner part of the rods with the jagged lines of a set of pliers, to make them stick to the bison glue I applied right before adding the rods. Doing helicopter war (last man flying) with two of these heli's has not broken any of them since this mod was installed on both of them(so far, lets see).

The dual-battery mod allows me to fit the original 150mah and a 300mah battery onto my S800G simultaneously, giving me a total air-time of ~14min 30sec. Two S800G 150mah's give 11min 15sec. The 300mah alone give ~10min 15sec. All times stated are when flown uninterrupted.

I plan to do an "Elevator/aileron stick-responsiveness-lowering mod" and a "Set-minimum-trottle button/switch" mod some time.
The last mentioned will make the rotors spin at the slowest step when the throttle-stick is at the absolute bottom, ensuring that the motors won't turn off, when quickly pulling down the throttle stick to avoid flying into something; the S800G RX board won't fire up the motors as requested before one second has passed since motor turn-on, so if you turn them off and back on while flying(even quickly), the heli will most likely bump/crash into the floor.

Hope you found this thread helpful and/or inspiring. And hello everyone(I'm new here)!
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2014, 07:42 AM
Hi,

thanks a lot for your thread, I found it very useful as I have a S800G too but I don't want to put a mode-2/4 button-switch, I would like to turn my TX from mode 4 to mode 2 permanently !

According to your picture, it would mean that I just have to connect O1 spot with I2 and O2 with I1??
Of course I have to scratch the PCB too !

Am I correct ? if not, could you explain me how to do that ? Thank you very much !
Feb 12, 2014, 06:12 PM

Blade Grip Metal Support Mod

Hi there, can you tell me what you used for the metal? Was it a manufactured part, or did you make it yourself? If so what from. Many thanks!
Mar 07, 2014, 06:22 PM
I have a soldering iron.
Thread OP
Sorry for the long delay.

chaise321, yes, you just connect O1 with I2 and O2 with I1 to permanently change to mode 2.

Easy Tiger,
I used the top-piece metal-rod of a telescopic antenna, but you could use any metal rod approximately of the correct diameter.
Mar 29, 2015, 10:26 AM
Hi ! I didn't see your answer until yesterday !

I did the change and it works perfectly !! Thank you very mch

Now it is a good practice for the mode 2 drone

PS : If someone else want to switch the TX from mode 4 to mode 2 permanently, It may not be very clear to know which pin matches I1 and I2 indication on the picture.

There are seven pins on the chip.
-I2i is the first pin counting from the right ;
-I1 pin is the sixth countig from the right (on the opposite side of course) because the seventh is already weld.

Hope it is clear enough now

Quick Reply