Mar 24, 2013, 09:14 AM
Fuzzy user
Thread OP
Alert

Looping with Hobbyking Auto-G: NOT A GOOD IDEA

I've tried some looping with this little sweetie

https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...7125&aff=57620

The loops were surprising good and easy, but once landed I had a bad surprise; the rotor blades were delaminated due to involved G-Forces!

So I dont't recommend looping with stock foamie blades
to remove ads between posts
Mar 24, 2013, 03:06 PM
Lets break some props :D
the foam has wrinkled, as long as the black plastic part is OK...it might not be a big deal?

How about putting some good/light tape on them?
Mar 24, 2013, 06:16 PM
Correct
Clear 50 mm / 2 " packaging tape applied to both sides of the blade is an easy / light way to reinforce the blades.
Happy Landings
Chris..............
Mar 25, 2013, 08:33 AM
Fuzzy user
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseico90
the foam has wrinkled, as long as the black plastic part is OK...it might not be a big deal?

How about putting some good/light tape on them?
I dont'know, the gyro still flies well, but I have not attemped other stunt
Mar 25, 2013, 05:15 PM
At or near the bottom of the loop were you yanking the elevator too hard maybe? Maybe a more gentle pullout at the bottom will prevent this. I don't speak from experience as I have an Auto G ready to go but the weather has grounded me...
Apr 18, 2013, 06:21 AM
Lets break some props :D
very hot (bot not boiling) water poured over the wrinkles made them better on my blades.

Quick Reply