New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 05, 2004, 06:34 PM
Find More Posts by Sparrowhawk
Cool

Looking For A small/Med. PBY, Catalina or Albatross Model

Hi Folks,
I'm new to this site but could use your help. I'm looking for a small/med size electric model of a PBY, Catalina or Albatross kit or complete model I can fly (new or used). I do a lot of summer boating and this would be fun.
I have really enjoyed this site and thanks to those who have particapated!
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 05, 2004, 08:12 PM
Find More Posts by Zoomzoom
Your question is a tough one. Hobby Lobby used to import both the Albatross and the PBY made by HVP. I could never get an answer why HL stopped importing them. At one time Quantum Models still had the PBY, but I just checked their website and don't see it anymore.

The link to HVP website which is in the Czech Republic some place is http://www.hvp-modell.cz/ The website seems to indicate they still make both models. They don't appear to list any importers in the US. That is all I can make out from the website. I don't speak the language.

Sorry I wasn't any more help.
Last edited by Zoomzoom; Jan 05, 2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jan 05, 2004, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by Duke58
Cal Slope Criminal@DV
Sparrow , K&A Models makes a fine twin 400 Mallard , Close enough?

Earl
Old Jan 05, 2004, 10:46 PM
Find More Posts by Zoomzoom
The Mallard looks like a nice kit and priced right at $129.00 http://www.kamodels.com/
Old Jan 06, 2004, 08:11 PM
Find More Posts by Sparrowhawk

Thanks To All !

I found out today Dare Design www.darehobby.com will soon have a PBY-3-5 Catalina available. I ordered one today after talking to Terry there. Terry was very helpful and nice. I can't wait to get started. Thanks for all your help! (may need lots of help now , don't you all hide! )

Sparrowhawk