Thread Tools
May 18, 2013, 04:35 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
I'm getting the green one. With my poor vision, I need the brightest color I can get. ...but it might not stay green for long. If you've noticed in my heli posts, I like to use different bodies. No, it won't be a buggy with a Hughes 300 body, although that would be different. For use on the street, I was thinking of a 1/10 sports car body. The L959 has a wheelbase and width very close to many of the 1/10 bodies. My experience with R/C pan-chassis road racing cars is that they keep bottoming out on small stones. That won't be an issue with the buggy. Sure, it won't handle like a road racer, but I'm not racing, just playing. By removing a few body clips, it turns into a buggy again.

I'll definitely upgrade to bearings.

Rick
Idem for me, I took this car for fun .... as maybe you saw in some video, the deal is respected with this model. As maybe you also already noticed, between the L959, L969 and L979 only the body, tyres and bumpers are diffrents... Good for "cheaps" upgrade/transformations ....
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jun 01, 2013, 08:53 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Spare parts starts to be available at BG :

http://www.banggood.com/buy/wltoys-L959.html

Good news at least
Jun 02, 2013, 05:55 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
I am planning to change all oil bearings to "real" ball bearing. For the L959, we need
8 ball bearings 5x9x3. 4 for front tyres and 4 for rear ones...
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ROULEMENT-MR95-2R...item53f4e7623c



I am planning to change also the plastic 12mn hexagones to "real" metal ones.
Jun 03, 2013, 06:41 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Replacing bushings with ball bearings is a no-brainer most of the time. You get instant speed increase and better running times, plus lower motor temps as the motor load is decreased. I consider it the first upgrade on cheap cars, it's something you will never regret.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 04, 2013, 04:22 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Replacing bushings with ball bearings is a no-brainer most of the time. You get instant speed increase and better running times, plus lower motor temps as the motor load is decreased. I consider it the first upgrade on cheap cars, it's something you will never regret.
Good to know
Jun 04, 2013, 04:56 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
Glad I could help. And in case budget is tight, and you can't replace all bushings at once, start with the ones in the wheel hubs, as these have added friction due to carrying the weight of the car, then start with the bushings closest to the motor, as the gears are spinning at higher rpm there. And higher rpm means more friction and more heat.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 05, 2013, 06:49 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
Glad I could help. And in case budget is tight, and you can't replace all bushings at once, start with the ones in the wheel hubs, as these have added friction due to carrying the weight of the car, then start with the bushings closest to the motor, as the gears are spinning at higher rpm there. And higher rpm means more friction and more heat.
I will replace all 8 simultaneously. I am lucky, it's the same model for both front and rear wheels.
Jun 08, 2013, 12:15 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
The spare parts of the L959 Pro Brushless aka L202 starts to be available too at :
http://www.banggood.com/buy/Wltoys-L...are-Parts.html

Notice, they got a set of ball bearings and a transmission axle which can be installed for the normal L959
Jun 08, 2013, 08:13 AM
Registered User
WillWorkForLift's Avatar
oops, wrong place
Jun 09, 2013, 01:21 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Just replace the "oil" bearings with real ball bearing and it's much much better ....
A must to do with this car
Jun 09, 2013, 02:56 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
SoloProFan's Avatar
I told you that would be an upgrade you would like.

Self oiling bearings only have some good function as bearings in cheap, non servicable, motors, anything else rotating in an RC car should have ball bearings, if possible. And especially the wheels, as it doesn't only reduce friction for the rotation, but they also carry the weight of the car, which, on a self oiling bearing, means added resistance. As a result, you will often see them start to wear out in an oval shape.
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!
Jun 09, 2013, 03:46 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
I told you that would be an upgrade you would like.

Self oiling bearings only have some good function as bearings in cheap, non servicable, motors, anything else rotating in an RC car should have ball bearings, if possible. And especially the wheels, as it doesn't only reduce friction for the rotation, but they also carry the weight of the car, which, on a self oiling bearing, means added resistance. As a result, you will often see them start to wear out in an oval shape.

The brushless kit should be for 60$ ... it's a little bit expensive ... for 40USD I would be more interested
Jun 21, 2013, 05:50 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Tmart got also the spare parts available :


http://www.tmart.com/search.html?q=L959

Especially L959-09 and L959-43 are not available at BG
Aug 07, 2013, 01:21 PM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
Hi,

Now since my car is fully repaired and equiped of ballbearing... I installed the excellent mobius camera on top of the L959...
Youtube compression distroy a lot the original quality but it's still very good

Wltoys L959 with mobius camera (2 min 39 sec)


With ballbearings this car is even faster (I would say close to 45km/h - 50km/h ....)
Excellent
Aug 08, 2013, 06:25 AM
Registered User
SeByDocKy's Avatar
Thread OP
WLtoys L959 + mobius cam on a slicky parking part 1 (1 min 3 sec)


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review WLtoys V912 4-Channel Fixed Pitch Helicopter Mini-Review FyreSG Micro Helis 9405 May 20, 2019 02:59 PM
Data HiSKY FBL100 / Turnigy FBL100 / WLToys V922 vs. mCP X Parts Compatibility sparkyjohn Micro Helis 118 May 10, 2015 03:31 AM
Mini-Review WLtoys V959 Quad (with Video Recording Function) Mini-Review FyreSG Mini Multirotor Drones 1314 Feb 19, 2015 10:45 PM
Mini-Review MJX F45 VS F46 ,WLtoys V912 VS V913 TS Banggood RC Micro Helis 132 Jan 18, 2015 05:16 PM
Discussion WLtoys V949 UFO Quad fierce Hot Online Deals 5 Jan 09, 2013 10:07 AM