FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT event Director Richard Burnoski Illinois
RBurnoski@comcast .net
coordinators: Dave Corven Michigan
Glauco Lago Missouri
Mike Lachowski New Jersey
Tom Kiesling California
Scorekeeper ??? volunteer
Contest Director TBA
Plans are underway for F3B to be flown Memorial Day Weekend in beautiful Muncie Indiana at the AMA site. The Dates are May 25 saturday, 26 sunday, 27 monday.

The site has been approved. We are in the process of attaining the sanction.
The main sighting devices and rental batteries are being worked on.
We will be accepting any pilot registration that wants to team up and fly F3b against the USA team and its fourth alternate as well as coast to coast pilots that are coming. There is tons of room for everyone who wants to fly F3B with us and you are wanted to enjoy flying the 3 task sport!!!! We've picked the center of the country for easy travel distance!
For those who haven't heard yet we had two of our American pilots break the all time fastest speed runs in history recently in the Gator F3B event. Mike Lachowski was first to break the record with a 11.98 and Dave Kline next with a 11.90. I think those were the times,,, Im sure they will correct me if im wrong. So maybe we'll see those records broken again. The average speed is somewhere around 95 mph . Someone can correct that too if you want.

I would like to have the pilots that are coming to start adding your names to this thread. I know we're 2 -1/2 months or 10 weeks away from the event but now that Denver moved their F3J in the Rockies to a month later, we have a long 3 day weekend we can take aventage of.

We really could use help in giving the USA F3B team alot of practice for their upcoming trip to Germany for the Worlds.
Please add your name for what day or days you can come out and help. We dont expect you to labor all three days but please support the team as a buzzerman or timer one day or more.
Entry information to follow. It will be similar to the Gator.

Feel free to email me with any questions or comments. Im looking for support here.
Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
My email again: RBurnoski@comcast

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!

Pilots list: I have 11 verbal,,, lets get you on this list

Helper list: day or days thanx
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2013, 08:39 PM
Rich,

I'll be there.

Tom
Mar 21, 2013, 08:44 PM
The speed times are correct. I crushed the previous best speed time of 12.68 with an 1 1.98 with good air in the launch area. Hopefully Muncie can provide some better air. I'm sure it's good enough for 12s in speed and mid 30s for distance.

Come on out and give f3b a chance. A lot more fun than a dorm landing.
Mar 21, 2013, 09:10 PM
I'm probably in. Much easier to get to Muncie from the East coast... only about a 9 hour drive for me
Mar 21, 2013, 09:23 PM
Challenge is rewarding
I am in like Flynn Shopping for flights tonight!
Mar 21, 2013, 09:37 PM
USA F3B Team Manager
I'm in
Mar 21, 2013, 10:29 PM
I'm in.

DZ
Mar 21, 2013, 11:00 PM
sierra117
im in but don't know how good ill be lolz
Mar 21, 2013, 11:33 PM
Team USA F3F Member
I think I'm in...

Tim T

Where is the best place to fly in? Chicago seems like its the cheapest, cause I can get a non stop flight there...Indianapolis is an expensive ticket...
Mar 21, 2013, 11:45 PM
Indianapolis is the closest. It is about an hour drive to Muncie from there from what I remember. Chicago is too far. I just checked Kayak and they advise prices may fall in the next 7 days. They already dropped $40 from when I checked earlier today.

Tom
Mar 21, 2013, 11:50 PM
Team USA F3F Member
I'm starting to think that if I travel on Friday there, that there is plenty of time to drive down, and then instead of coming back monday, come back first thing tuesday morning. That will make it easy to cruise back up to Chicago after the contest ends on Sunday....prices are half as much to fly to chicago...so far I've seen under $400...

t
Mar 22, 2013, 12:08 AM
Tickets out of San Diego are $530 right now. I'm hoping they go down a little more. Between gas, time, and an extra night hotel, I'm thinking it is worth the extra to fly into Indianapolis. . .

Direct flight would be nice though.

Tom
Mar 22, 2013, 06:30 AM
There is a 1 hour time change from Chicago to Muncie, so you lose an hour coming from Chicago. The trip from Ohare to Muncie is about 5 hours and from Midway about a half hour less. Time depends on trafic and gas pedal of course!
Mar 22, 2013, 10:00 AM
Challenge is rewarding
Thanks Rich, I am really excited for this one.
Mar 22, 2013, 12:22 PM

Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiesling
Tickets out of San Diego are $530 right now. I'm hoping they go down a little more. Between gas, time, and an extra night hotel, I'm thinking it is worth the extra to fly into Indianapolis. . .

Direct flight would be nice though.

Tom

I'll plan on travel also.
Give me some suggestions on where you all may be staying?
Thanks
Dyno.