Mar 21, 2013, 04:05 AM
Thread OP
Cool

Bomb Drop first try + build

demonstration video of the system:
Simple rc plane BOMB Drop (0 min 44 sec)

very simple to build
first try:
Bomb Drop First try *AWSOME*!!! (1 min 1 sec)

i dropped paper airplanes
it wasnt so good because the planes didnt really glided to the land, they just fell of like a rock
anyway, sorry for my bad english
please Subsribe my channel
to remove ads between posts
Mar 21, 2013, 05:39 PM
Thread OP
any opinions? Suggestions, comments, insights?
Mar 21, 2013, 05:52 PM
Teddy Ong
Can't really see the drop in the video. Might be my computer.

Anyway, how does it work? Servo-operated hatch opening mechanism?
Mar 21, 2013, 06:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy Ong
Can't really see the drop in the video. Might be my computer.

Anyway, how does it work? Servo-operated hatch opening mechanism?
yep the servo arm is holdong the Rubber band and when i release it the Rubber band comes out and the "bomb" are free to go
Mar 22, 2013, 09:58 AM
Gilbert AZ
My concern is strain on the servo connecting a Rubber Band to the servo Arm.
I have tried this before and with the weight I was trying to drop it was to much for the Servo to handle the load directly.

For light weight load this looks fine. Good Job!
Mar 22, 2013, 03:37 PM
Visitor from Reality
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/bomb_for_..._1008_prd1.htm

$4.99 each. It's ancient - recall fitting on to a model around 1983 or so when they were new in England. All you need is a small servo, there's no real load on it when it actuates.

D
Mar 23, 2013, 03:53 AM
Here's the way we do it. The "U" shaped plywood unit is an unverted "U" and the horizontal part has Velcro (white panel) to hold it on under the wing. The release pin moves through a ball point pen ink holder tube. The bomb is held on with a rubber band. The bombs are toilet roll inners, the weights are paper clips and the fins are cardboard off breakfast food packets. One bomb, left one, has a green milk bottle top, note, go GREEN, and the other a formed foam nose and streamer. The bomber is usually a Bixler.
Mar 23, 2013, 04:12 AM
Takka-Takka-Takka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dereck
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/bomb_for_..._1008_prd1.htm

$4.99 each. It's ancient - recall fitting on to a model around 1983 or so when they were new in England. All you need is a small servo, there's no real load on it when it actuates.

D
Yep, my boy fitted one to his Stuka a while back, complete with captions.

Latest blog entry: A tale of two workshops
Mar 24, 2013, 06:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac50L
Here's the way we do it. The "U" shaped plywood unit is an unverted "U" and the horizontal part has Velcro (white panel) to hold it on under the wing. The release pin moves through a ball point pen ink holder tube. The bomb is held on with a rubber band. The bombs are toilet roll inners, the weights are paper clips and the fins are cardboard off breakfast food packets. One bomb, left one, has a green milk bottle top, note, go GREEN, and the other a formed foam nose and streamer. The bomber is usually a Bixler.
cool... ill try that

Quick Reply