Old Mar 20, 2013, 02:50 PM
Find More Posts by tormodnt
Question

GLB 20mm Carbon Fiber Center Plate +16pcs Tube Fixtures for 700-1000mm Hexacopter/Oct

Has anyone used this center plate for a hexa build?

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/22mm-carb...ter-frame.html

I just don't understand how the tubes are mounted as a hexa?
I'm looking to upgrade my setup with a frame that have 22mm booms, and a larger centerplate to get a cleaner and stronger build.
I usa a DJI naza so hexa is max, and as described I should be abel to build this as a hexa..

Descriptions:
- This listing Carbon fiber ccenter board is suitable for 22mm Tube
- Material: 3K Carbon Fiber
- Brand:Ares
- Suitable for Octacopter 700-1000mm (depends on the installation of carbon fiber tube)
- Also can applied for Quadcopter and Hexacopter
- With 16 pcs Aluminium tube fixtures as following,you can DIY your own Quadcopter/Hexacopter/Octacopter just need 4-8pcs carbon fiber tube

to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2013, 04:30 PM
Find More Posts by tormodnt
No one know how this could be done?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:27 PM
Find More Posts by cirilo
I got the exact same question. Did you find an answer yet ?
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:31 PM
Find More Posts by heli001
Triple Tree Aerodrome
Take two Booms out opposite each other and you will have a Hexa configuration. The difference in spacing will not affect the flight performance. The controller will fly it. If it would not, a Tri copter would certainly, never get off the ground.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 12:32 PM
Find More Posts by Granted
serial scratchbuilder
Technically you can build a hex out of it but your booms won't have even spacing, it'll be a octo with two arms missing. You can't build a hex with the arms all at 60deg using these plates.
Old Mar 09, 2014, 01:18 AM
Find More Posts by HexaFlexa
I have that frame see my avatar.. There was a thread about a year ago on it I think it was called " Fake cinestar frame "and a few guys did build it as a Hexa with no problem.. I have since down sized a bit and its sitting waiting for a new home if anyone's interested..