This thread is privately moderated by pecanpatch, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 18, 2013, 10:26 AM
Home of "Golf Cart Flying"
Discussion

3rd Annual Southeastern FPV Fly-In at the PecanPatch, June 21-23, 2013

3rd Annual Southeastern FPV Fly-In at the PecanPatch, June 21-23, 2013

Just wanted to get the dates out there so you can make your plans to come to one of the biggest FPV events in the world. The Pecan Patch venue is second to none and if you havnt been there you are really missing out. Its the camaraderie and antics that go on after dark that set this event apart for all the rest. This is the full moon in June so night FPV and other stuff will be in full swing after sundown. More info to come.

We are of planning a FPV fly-in at a sight in Griffin, Ga just south of Atlanta . This will be a 3 day event with the dates being Fri June 21 thru Sun June 23. The field(Pecan Patch Air Strip) is on private property (non AMA field )in a relatively rural area . Its a very nice field with a huge takeoff and landing area. Camping on sight will be permitted.

3 days will give more opportunity for people to make it out and incase weather is an issue on one of the days.

Controlled flight hours will be 9am- 7pm Saturday and 9am-5pm Sunday.If needed we will run the flight board friday also. Flying during non-controlled hours is permitted but no one will be running the flight board so its up to attendees to self police during these times. Also if you have Dragonlink v1 please get it updated before this event if you plan to attend.....not sayn you will not be allowed to fly with v1 but you will be bumped from the board if needed to expedite more flights.....you have been warned.

Landing fee to fund a port-a-potty and other expenses will be $20 (covers 3 days)
Camping fee will be $10 per night .
The camping area and field will open at daylight friday.Camp roll up by 5pm Sunday please.

There will be a grill available to use. Also We have added a nice in ground pool that he will open up to any that want to escape the Ga heat .....so bring some swim trunks.....no skinny dippers PLEASE.(Doug included)

The goal here is to simply meet, share info and fly some FPV at a great sight. All are welcome here ...near and far
**You do not have to be a FPV pilot to attend...if you are interested in learning you are welcome to attend**

Oh...if you are lucky enough to own a full scale you could fly in as this is a full scale airstrip....details below

750 Teamon Rd.
Griffin GA 30223

Tar and Chip Driveway (Poor Mans Asphalt)
Green Mailbox on wrong side of the road with 750 on it.
Sign that says Pecan Patch Airstrip
(sign is only visible when approaching from the West)
We will be up and night flying...
call Mark(pecanpatch) when you get there and he will assist in finding a good place to camp... 770-337-4480

A few clips from last year.

Pecan Patch 2012 Quad Tour (3 min 6 sec)

FPV point to point (10 min 6 sec)

Zephyr Pecan Patch (3 min 43 sec)

My FPV point to point airport hop. (7 min 53 sec)

FPV Radian Night Flight - Pecan Patch June 2012 (6 min 41 sec)

Dont miss the after dark antics late into the night.....classic

Camp Fire Fun with Doug (0 min 53 sec)
Last edited by Terry; May 28, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 18, 2013, 10:27 AM
Thanks to ReadyMade RC for the 3rd year of Sponsorship, you guys Rock!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
Thanks to Mike at DragonLabs for there Generous donation of a full UHF system!

Last edited by pecanpatch; Apr 10, 2013 at 06:34 AM.
Mar 18, 2013, 10:28 AM
Reserved for videos
Latest blog entry: 6th Annual South Eastern FPV...
Mar 18, 2013, 11:09 AM
Guys...don't miss this one...it will be epic. The pecan patch is a perfect place to have this and we had a blast at th first two.
Mar 18, 2013, 11:13 AM
RCGroups Editor
Event coverage from last year:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1669904

Mar 18, 2013, 11:38 AM
I've been waiting for this since June 11th last year
Kent
Mar 18, 2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStar View Post
I've been waiting for this since June 11th last year
Kent
Somebody want another pie
Mar 18, 2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft View Post
Somebody want another pie
The pie was Great, but flying with you guys, seeing your setups, and just being there was worth the trip. Besides CaliDave is going to win it this year.
Kent
Mar 18, 2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStar View Post
The pie was Great, but flying with you guys, seeing your setups, and just being there was worth the trip. Besides CaliDave is going to win it this year.
Kent
I think CD has a wedding to go to so he probably will not be there.
Mar 18, 2013, 12:23 PM
Taking care of business
I'm in...
Mar 18, 2013, 03:33 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Yahooo!

Lets do it again boys!
Latest blog entry: 68% Pitts Challenger SMASHED
Mar 18, 2013, 06:54 PM
One with the machine
Am I invited?
I'll help Greg with the flight board.
Mar 18, 2013, 07:06 PM
Taking care of business
Nah Ludo...do you even FPV?
Hehe...
Mar 19, 2013, 10:49 PM
AWESOME I hope I can make it this year!
Mar 20, 2013, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blively View Post
AWESOME I hope I can make it this year!
You need to.....we need to fly together before then.....give me a call and we will see if we can get together soon.