Mar 16, 2013, 08:15 AM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thread OP
Discussion

Falcon RC - EPP MDM-1 Fox and Swift S-1 aerobatics gliders

Anyone else catch the Falcon RC advert at the top of the site recently?

I sure did - glad to see them back in action. It appears they have two EPP planes, an MDM-1 Fox as well as a Swift S-1. Cool!

MDM-1 Fox

Swift S-1

Both gliders are made from EPP, have 72" wingspans and use the RG-15 airfoil, with wingloadings around the 10-11oz/sq.ft. range. Probably nice all-rounders... anybody have video?

Always stoked to see more aerobatic gliders on the market! Thanks Falcon RC

http://www.falconrc.net/

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Mar 16, 2013, 04:09 PM
Knobbs
There is video of the Swift, it's onboard video though. So, that is some kind of covering on there for strength (?) and to make it shiny?. This would be for higher winds, I assume, than your LeFish. Like what, up to twenty mph? More?
Rishelman
Mar 17, 2013, 11:22 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Thread OP
The ultralight Le Fish I have flown are fun up to around 18-20mph

Obviously the traditional weight (35-40oz) and midweight (25-30oz) versions of Le Fish have no trouble flying in stronger conditions... I've flown my original 38oz Le Fish from 2006 in 35-40mph a number of times.

As for these Falcon RC planes, it would totally depend on how heavy or light you built them. I'm sure they could be built in the ultralight fashion if the builder desired, or flown stock where I'd guess they would perform well at a decent slope with around 10mph+ of good direction wind.

I understand there is some video coming, looking forward to it!

Steve

Quick Reply