This thread is privately moderated by Jack Crossfire, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 16, 2013, 01:26 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Death of Wifi to 900Mhz adapter board

So there was yet another difference between the STM32F405 & STM32F407, making the adapter board non functional. USB on the STM32F405 had an unknown change, making it die. It would be either a huge amount of debugging or designing yet another board using the STM32F407. Either way, it would now be just as hard as implementing an I2C breakout board to scan the IMU.

So the I2C breakout board worked perfectly. 367khz I2C achieved with no timeouts. 1100hz gyro, 125hz mag readings. No wifi problems & no extra ground station board. It needed a 400khz UART to transfer the readings fast enough.

There's at least 0.5ms of extra delay to get the readings from the I2C breakout board to the mane processor. The I2C interface itself has at least 0.4ms of delay to get the voltage from the gyro. In total, it could take 1ms for a motion to be detected. Such is the sacrifice of reading out an IMU on I2C. The delays from movement to digital reading are what make stability.

The I2C chip ideally needs to be on a new mane board, but only if there's enough time.
Last edited by Jack Crossfire; Mar 16, 2013 at 05:40 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply