Jan 04, 2004, 12:13 AM
Thread OP

Can BL Motors be used in RC Cars and Trucks?

I have a friend who is beginning to teach his son to drive RC cars and trucks with him. I was telling him about BL motors used in RC airplanes. He asked if they could be used with the cars and trucks.

Apparently the electric motors they are using now can't keep up with the fuel models that dad is running.

Thanks,

Roger
to remove ads between posts
Jan 04, 2004, 12:50 AM
Yes, the Hacker C40 series were designed for cars. See Hackers website for details.
Jan 04, 2004, 02:29 AM
Novak also makes brushless, and Castle Creations will shortly have a brushless car motor out.

WJ
Jan 04, 2004, 06:10 AM
WATTSUP.SE
http://www.plettenberg-motoren.com/

Plettenberg got some motors for cars and trucks to!!!
Jan 04, 2004, 08:05 AM
eflyguy
You don't want to use a "regular" airplane controller in a car or boat because the throttle endpoints don't work well with the trigger-style transmitter (which has both forwards and reverse). Also, if you have brake enabled, it is simply "on" vs. proportional with car controllers. This is VERY hard on the drivetrain.

As stated, there are plenty of brushless controllers and motors out there designed for cars..
..a
Jan 04, 2004, 10:47 AM
I've been running them for a couple of years now.....Hacker (Jeti), Lehner, Kontronik, Aveox, Plettenberg, and Schulze with Castle soon to come. I have 9 BL motors and only one brushed stocker for stock class racing since brushless is legal for sanctioned racing. It is currently being allowed in the mod class and nitro classes experimentally at my local track.
Jan 04, 2004, 05:32 PM
Thread OP

BL Motors in Cars

Thanks to all for the great information. I will send the thread to my friend so he can get a feel about what is out there. Maybe he will join the BB, too.

I really didn't know, but thought if they are in choppers, why not. I guess the stopping and starting is the trick.

Many Thanks Again,

Roger

Quick Reply