This thread is privately moderated by sky_surfer_fra, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Mar 15, 2013, 11:17 AM
Always looking for lift...
Thread OP
Build Log

Alto Carbon / Pulsar 2S - a 2m leight weight thermal HLG

Yesterday I received my new 2m thermal weapon - the Alto carbon from F5models (seems to be similar to the Pulsar 2S).

Specifications:
Wing span 2000 mm
Length 1160 mm
Wing Area 32 sq. dm
Airfoil AG 25 mod.
Weight (less R/C gear) 320 g

Control: Ailerons, Rudder, Elevator, Flaps.

Planned operation area is thermal practise in light conditions (before or after work sessions).

My personal R/C glider related aim for 2013 is to increase my thermaling skills so far to succeed with some thermal flights with hand launches on the local airfield (flat land).
This will be pretty challenging as the good thermal locations cannot be reached via hand launches where all the Xplorers and Xperiences begin their thermal flights after high start or aero-towing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Including the already installed highstart hook and all small parts (except bowden cables) she only weights 331g!

On a first view quality is very good.
Perfect surface, the carbon D-box looks great and wings seem to be very strong.
Last edited by sky_surfer_fra; Jun 24, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply