Vitality FT007 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Mar 15, 2013, 06:27 AM
Discussion

Vitality FT007

Video of my new FT007 sample. I'll follow up with pictures later:

FT007 Brushed Deep Vee boat in rough waters (5 min 39 sec)

It's no Super Mono X, but for a brushed boat, with a 2.4Ghz transmitter and self-righting capability (usually automatic but if you blip throttle in opposite directions when she's upside down, she'll self-right) she beats it in bang-for-the-buck. She's pretty fast for a brushed boat. Motor is a 370 (sorry initially thought it was a 380) and shares a lot of components with the Double Horse 7009.

The hull of the FT007 is convex unlike the other boats I have which are relatively flat. I believe this is why it gets up on plane so quickly. Surprisingly she corners well and doesn't spin out as easily (when the video starts, I'm trying to pilot through my camera phone to stay in picture leading to the initial spin-outs). You can see she handles chop very well.

I tore off the wing as it lightens the boat and creates less drag. Comes with a 2S 700 mAh LiPo and has low voltage cutoff. ESC and RX are integrated just like the Double Horse 7009. The silicone hatch gasket does a good job as the submarine dive at 5:08 didn't cause her to take on but a few drops of water. I would say the radio reception is actually better than my Super Mono X. This is a keeper and perfect entry level boat.........Lots of fun..........very little maintenance, and no having to rescue your boat due to capsizing. Hopefully MassiveRC can get these at a good price and start stocking them.

UPDATE:

2.4Ghz module in the transmitter:

7009 (top) vs FT007, FT is slightly longer (stupid wing removed):

Front View (FT007 on left)

Top Front View:

Hopefully you can see in this picture the FT has a more curved keel?:

7009's flat vs FT007's rounded hull:

7009 Flat:

FT007 curved (convex?):

For future modding, weight of stock ESC\RX module:

Stock 370 motor weight (it's not a 380, sorry):

Stock 700 mAh 2S LiPo weight:

Receiver Module:

The MOSFETs on the ESC are nice and beefy compared to the 7009. I'm not worried about them burning up:

The motor coupler is easily removeable by prying off. The built-in cooling fans probably don't do a whole lot, especially with the motor mount blocking airflow:

How it should look, would be nice if there was a shroud to force air in as well:

If time ever permits maybe a brushless mod in the future.

The FT is 160grams without ESC\RX\Motor (servo and rudder only), while the 7009 is 180 grams, but I found a weight in the nose of the 7009 which is probably there to help with porpoising.
Last edited by MassiveOverkill; Mar 19, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 17, 2013, 09:37 PM
Very cool!
Mar 18, 2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
...and has low voltage cutoff.
Great video! This looks like a lot of fun. I have a question, though. When the battery reaches the low voltage cutoff, does it leave the boat stranded in the middle of the lake, or can you limp back to shore?

Thanks,
Rick
Mar 18, 2013, 10:18 AM
Straight up is all I ask
You are really getting a lot out of that 380 That looks like fun .
Mar 18, 2013, 01:59 PM
Thanks guys,

Rick, it's really nice......basically you still have partial throttle to limp back home, so it acts like a throttle cutout or governor. I haven't fully tested it to see if you can go back to full throttle if you let it rest a bit.
Mar 18, 2013, 02:10 PM
That's great. Now I only have to worry about a gator eating it. I run my boats in my pool, but I think this one will want more space to run free.

Rick
Mar 18, 2013, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon
When the battery reaches the low voltage cutoff, does it leave the boat stranded in the middle of the lake
That was my first thought/concern. As long as there is enough juice to get back to shore i might give one of these a go
Mar 18, 2013, 07:09 PM
I just tested it gain tonight. LVC put it in low throttle mode permanently for the run.
Mar 18, 2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks good to know. Any thoughts as to how this compares to the Double Horse 7009 which appears to be its closest comparison.
Mar 18, 2013, 07:46 PM
Answering my own post a little, here are a couple of differences between the 2 according to a review on BG

FT007 is 2.4ghz whereas the 7009 is AM
FT007 uses a standard JST battery connector while the 7009 has non-standard connector.
Mar 18, 2013, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_
Answering my own post a little, here are a couple of differences between the 2 according to a review on BG

FT007 is 2.4ghz whereas the 7009 is AM
FT007 uses a standard JST battery connector while the 7009 has non-standard connector.
The FT007 also uses JST, there's a plug cover that can be removed.......I'm doing a full dissection of the electronics as we speak
Mar 18, 2013, 08:38 PM
The FT007 is self righting, but I don't think the 7009 is.

Rick
Mar 18, 2013, 08:43 PM
I really like the look of this. Hadn't considered a boat until now.
*FT007 now added to my future shopping list.
Mar 18, 2013, 09:39 PM
First post updated
Mar 19, 2013, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill
First post updated
Hi !!!!

Very nice review .... I will take this boat . Will be my first
Do you adivice some battery replacement model fitting inside ?
Can you test it in sea conditions ? (with more waves) coz I am living on sea border ....
Latest blog entry: Youbi XV-130 130MM FPV Racer